Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-Suzie G. and Maggie here

I am planning to buy a muzzle to keep with my dog first aid supplies in case of medical emergency.

Do any of you have recomendations for the best ones to use if your Golden is snapping (due to fear or pain ) while you or a vet are trying to give emergency first aid ?

Thanks

Suzie G

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
This is where I like to get basket muzzles for training with reactive dogs and for preventative safety: Basket muzzles are great because you can find ones with larger openings for feeding treats even while the dog is wearing the muzzle (...my older golden who is reactive at the vet clinic due to past poor experiences... we keep it on for "just in case" safety, but I'm glad to be able to still feed him for good behavior.

Just as important as having a muzzle is teaching a dog to wear it. This is really simple and there are a ton of good online resources. Here's a video clip showing two of my dogs on their first muzzle session and my young boy on his 3 or 4 (...he went super fast ...and having a 'sticky target' behavior helped too).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAVksE93QIo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.