Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone Shelley has mushy poo which is quiet difficult to pick up it sticks to the shovel, Or when picking it up off the ground on our walks with a plastic bag it sticks to the grass or rocks. Her poo has been like this since the day i got her and isn't showing any signs of firming up. When i first got her i switch her from what she was eating pro plan to coprice slowy, Then i slowy switched from coprice to supercoat. Shes been on supercoat for only 3 days. So whats she feed is 1 and half cups of supercoat in morning,same at night but with 2 tablespoons of raw meat. Once a weekshe gets a raw egg and sometimes she will get table scraps potato,pumpkin,beans,carrots,cooked meat and gravy. I'm kind of geting sick on this mushy poo on our walks she poos about 2 or 3 times all mushy. Einstein only poos once on our walk and his are firm. All my dogs are feed the same food and only Shelley has mushy poo. I don't believe the vet when he says its a puppy thing cause Amber my little black lab i owned had firm poo. I'm going to take her to a different vet should i take a stool sample along with me.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I agree with another opinion. Also maybe eleminate some of the stuff to see if there is something that is irritating him. Some dogs have sensitive stomachs and the slighest thing can irritate them.

·
Laura
688 Posts
I just posted about the same under the puppy forum. Skylie always has mushy poops.! 'm so sick of it, especially when she has an accident in the house...

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,776 Posts
Have the same issue. If anyone managed to find a perfect recipe for a firm poo, please share!

This is a really old thread.

My boy has a sensitive stomach, I feed Purina Pro Plan for Sensitive Skin and Stomach, the Salmon formula, it's also available in Lamb.

I only give Salmon treats to him also, if I give him anything that is a different protein source, his stomach gets upset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts