Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been slowly leaving him gated in the kitchen when we leave for short trips instead of his crate. My DH doesn't want him in the crate forever because he's terrified if the house catches on fire he has no chance of escaping. So, today, I went to go shopping with my mom and only planned to be gone for a few hours, but ended up being gone for 5 1/2! I came home and he didn't have any accidents! He also didn't chew anything up, but he's not too much of a chewer other than his toys. I made sure to put a ton of toys in there with him too. I'm just such a proud mommy I could burst! :p:

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Very good job Murphy! You made your momma proud!

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Good job Murphy ! We started doing this with our Cooper as well except he is 10months old. Keep up the good work !

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
That's pretty good for a pup his age! We will have a long way to go before Tess can do that!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave him lots of love and a brand new toy when I got home!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Way to go Murphy!!!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good Job Murhpy and Mom....Building up the time builds up your trust and comfort. Way to go.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Good job Murph!!!!! What a sweet Daddy, worrying about a fire. I worry about that with my boys every time I leave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts