Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mom to rescue Murphy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might fit better in the obedience thread, but since I started here in the rescue forum when I was trying to decide if Murph was Mr. Right, I thought I'd come here with our big news!

Tonight he passed Level II Obedience and got his CGC certificate! Not bad for a pup who didn't know how to live indoors when we got him in July!

He's really such a happy, loving boy. It's funny to think back on how anxious I was about getting him and whether he was the right dog for our family. We can't imagine how we got along without him. I don't even care that I've lost several shoes and holiday decorations to his lingering puppy behavior. He is particularly close friends with my youngest son (5)--the two of them are like peas in a naughty pod. :)

Here are some pics of his exam tonight (that's my DH working with him) and one of him with our kitty Lucy.

We're looking forward to a golden Christmas--we even got Murph his own stocking and ornament. :p:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Way to go Murphy!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It always makes me so happy to hear how much a rescued golden come so far. Murphy keep up the good work and you look great. Love the picture of him and kitty. I am glad that him and your son are such buddies. They will have so much fun for years.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I'm so happy things have turned out so wonderfully! Not that I can say I'm at all surprised :) Murphy was meant for your family and each and every one of you will be better people for loving him...I strongly believe that goldens bring out the best in people! Thanks again, so much, for rescuing that sweet boy!

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Amanda, this just makes my heart sing, remembering how nervous you were about including Murphy in your family. Congratulations on the great obedience but more on getting over your fears and embracing that sweet boy:)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I am so happy to read this thread about you and Murphy, I remember how anxious you were and it's great to read how fantastic he has turned out!

Well done to you all

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Congratulations! You were just thinking things through and making a measured decision. And now you realize, as the Beatles said, Love is all there is. :)

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Amanda

Amanda

Congrats to Murphy and your entire Family!!

Way to go, Murphy. You are ONE GORGEOUS BOY!!

·
Mom to rescue Murphy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, everyone! I owe you all huge hugs for your support this summer--it helped me get past all my worries and learn to trust my instincts. And (even though he ate my Christmas planner yesterday :)) Murphy is the BEST present for all of us this year!!

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Wow - congratulations on a well done rescue :) Sounds like Murph has found his forever home with you and your family

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Murphy

I agree with you, MURPHY IS THE BEST PRESENT!!:)

BELIEVE me, he thinks YOU ARE THE BEST PRESENT he's ever gotten!!!!!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
You and Murphy have made amazing progress since you teamed up and I know it is love driving the progress.:smooch::smooch::smooch:

He's gorgeous and I hope you all have the best christmas ever!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts