Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Mr Fox

873 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Foxster 
#1 ·
An update on Mr Fox. For those who didn't see original post he arrived by taxi at 7 months old - we had never met. He was about to be put on street. He was and is hyper but with zero training. The first weeks I could not bear anything on arms even to wash from hard mouthing. He shredded my clothes and was disaster. I cried daily.

More or less 7 months on he is still hyper, uncontrollable when meeting anyone, hyper and constantly playing now with our had rescue pup.

That said he is the most loving dog I ever met. His mouth is now gentle. He loves cuddles and I wake up usually with him snuggled half on Mr and staring. My mum in her 80s was visiting and fell when alone in house and fox saved her. He licked her face, lifted her to a point she could hold a chair then support ed her while she stood. He even helped her down stairs.

Rescues are hard and I now know young goldens can be difficult but they are worth it. Fox I love like my child he is more than a dog.

For all those facing challenges with new goldens they are worth it and the rewards are amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.