Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,001 Posts
These are not silly questions at all, by the way (you apologized above). You are being prepared. If you're going to be in the US for two years, it IS possible you will have a major vet incident. I think you're being smart. A cancer surgery and chemo in Canada can run $10,000-$25,000 or so. It would probably be a little cheaper in the US, but that gives you an idea. If your French insurance would work, that would probably be best to maintain. But if it wouldn't, it might be wise to get a policy for the time in the US.

Reactions: Sankari

·
Registered
Ramses
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
These are not silly questions at all, by the way (you apologized above). You are being prepared. If you're going to be in the US for two years, it IS possible you will have a major vet incident. I think you're being smart. A cancer surgery and chemo in Canada can run $10,000-$25,000 or so. It would probably be a little cheaper in the US, but that gives you an idea. If your French insurance would work, that would probably be best to maintain. But if it wouldn't, it might be wise to get a policy for the time in the US.

Thanks... I guess other aspects of the move not related to Ramses (basically us) are also taking up so much of time, hence I feel the need to ask for help - could be seen as lazy but we were told about the move only in March so time is of the essence.... I saw some of these cost estimates in the forum when I was trawling for information and I felt the need to get insurance when we are in the US just to be safe. The French one would work but would never be able to cover any of these costs (They only cover up to 500 euros for overseas treatments/illness etc).

21 - 22 of 22 Posts