Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am mountainman and my Golden is Bailey. Bailey is 15 months now and is doing very well considering that he was diagnosed with panoseitis and then elbow dysplasia. This lameness began when he was 5 months old and continued until he was about 13-14 months old. Xrays at 6 months old did not show any unusual bone growth and i tend to think that the first diagnoses was more correct than the second. Guess that is why they call the art of veterinary, practicing medicine.
I have learned much about the issues of growing puppies and this condition after many visits to the Colorado State Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
I think many time the high protein diets produced by most of the major dog food producers are the culprit of much of the problem related to hip and elbow problem with this breed.
Bailey has been on Hills J/D for many months now after having previously been on other high protein diets which caused too rapid of growth rate and I feel was the root of his earlier problems

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Welcome Mountainman and Bailey. So sorry about Baliey's problems.

I am jealous of you living in the mountains. That is my dream!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see more pics of Bailey.. is he still having lameness or is it improving at all?

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your Bailey had a rough start to life. Glad to hear she is doing better now. Looking forward to some pictures.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome to you and Bailey. I, too, LOVE the mountains..... would love to retire to the Durango area. We would love to see pics of Bailey ( and of course the mountains) and hear more about her. Enjoy your time here.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Mountainman and Bailey!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the both of you,
Bailey is gorgeous and that scenery is just stunning. Sounds like things were tough but he is doing so much better now. Glad you joined us and hope you will stick around and keep posting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts