Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK - this has been a LONG and fun weekend, but momma needs a nap! LOL

Robin has been so wonderful through the entire process. In fact, Karl has been pretty hands off during this journey - and wasn't sure he liked the idea of a breeder selecting our puppy (Noah was BYB and we picked him).

I told him to trust the process, and he did. Last night when he was playing with Moses, and Moses was showering him with kisses, I asked him - "do you think that Robin picked a good puppy for us?" and he said "Yes she DID!". He didn't even know what I paid for him until dinner Saturday evening, and Moses wasn't just some unknown puppy, but OUR puppy, and he didn't even blink an eye, though he thought the $600 we paid for Noah three years ago was crazy expensive. LOL

Moses' registered name is Prism's Instant Rule Maker.

He's been such a fun puppy so far, but boy does he have a set of lungs on him! Throws that head back and howls. Very happy we're in a house with this puppy and not an apartment! LOL

We have an Xpen set up with a small crate, lots of toys, his water and food bowl and a "litter box" (basically a sweater box with pine pellet kitty litter in it). Robin had a designated area for the litter to potty in their group Xpen, so I figured, let's see if he'll use it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? And if he'll use it, I don't have to worry about potty accidents seeping through to the hardwood.

Success! Took him out this morning in the pouring rain, and he wee'd, but didn't poop. I needed to make the coffe, run a brush through my hair, brush my teeth etc, and our master bath doesn't have a door where I could have contained him with me, so I put him the Xpen, and when I came to collect him to take him back out, he had a nice little bm in the "litter box"!

The cat is not happy with this new development "Really? I have to raise ANOTHER one?" and she's been voicing her displeasure.

Noah wants to know when Moses is going home already. He has corrected him a few times when he's too pushy with Noah, but we're careful not to scold him for appropriate corrections. I'm also very conscious about giving Noah lots of attention.

He's a smart little puppy - and you should have seen Karl's face when he trotted past him with a tennis ball in his wee little mouth! Karl said "look at muscles!!"

Moses has his first private swim lesson on Wednesday, a visit to the vet tomorrow, pet sitter coming to meet him Thursday, and I'm on PTO for 2 weeks. I hope I survive it! hahahaha!

Oh, and he slept through the night last night until Karl's alarm went off (that he forgot to turn off since today is Memorial Day - thanks Karl!).

I'm posting pictures, but I don't know why they are posting sideways, because they aren't displaying that way in my folder on my computer. If a Mod sees this and can fix them - please do! :)

The picture with TWO puppies, is because we transported one puppy to her new momma and met them in Macon, GA, so that was the ride home yesterday, Moses is in the back of the photo.

Edit - Golden State Mom says if you click on the pictures, you can see them oriented correctly. I'm having trouble taking too much time to try to fix them now with Moses out of his Xpen. :) Thank you GSM!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Congratulations! Moses is adorable. Enjoy!

I tried turning your pics but was afraid of losing them! I know this happens when you take pictures holding your phone upright instead of horizontally. Also when this happens to me I preview the post and if the picture is sideways I edit the picture & resize it. That usually fixes it for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome home! I hope you establish a great routine with your fluffy Moses and help Noah adjust as well. Please keep posting pictures! Moses is a cutie.

·
Finley and Banshee's Mom
1,414 Posts
Congratulations!!! He's adorable, you're going to have so much fun with him! :smile2:

·
Puddles
3,497 Posts
Precious, precious, precious!!

FWIW As soon as we got Sipsy home she made a full charge run at Ghillie (who was 8 at the time) and took a big, vicious bite on her side. Ghillie turned, made horrible "I'm going to eat you" sounds and chased her a few feet. Sipsy went running, screaming like a wounded bunny. At first thought I was sure at least one of them would be bleeding. But nope...
Sipsy was also only 6 weeks when she was picked up and mom looked as though pups had been weaned long ago.
Two minutes later they were the best of friends and Sipsy had just had her 1st lesson on respecting her elders. From this point on the land shark was limited, play was acceptable and respectful. And I was thrilled the biting was minimal thanks to her big sister!
Because Sipsy was my 1st golden puppy I was taken back by the biting but grateful for this lesson. From all the post I've seen in the last couple of years, having another dog makes this part of golden puppy hood easier.
Enjoy, Moses is so adorable.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations! Moses is adorable. Enjoy!

I tried turning your pics but was afraid of losing them! I know this happens when you take pictures holding your phone upright instead of horizontally. Also when this happens to me I preview the post and if the picture is sideways I edit the picture & resize it. That usually fixes it for me.
I couldn't figure out how to remove pictures without just backing out and re-doing the whole post.

·
Super Moderator Leader
46,307 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to remove pictures without just backing out and re-doing the whole post.
You've got 4 hours from the time you make a post to go in and edit it.

Do you have the pictures saved on your computer? If so go to where you have them stored, rotate them, save new copy.

Select edit in your post, Go Advanced, scroll down to attachments, the window opens up, remove the original pics, upload the new ones, preview your post to be sure they are in current position, if they are, click submit Reply.

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
Congratulations on beautiful Moses, he's so very cute. I knew a golden Senior boy years ago with the same name and have always loved it since!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Precious, precious, precious!!

FWIW As soon as we got Sipsy home she made a full charge run at Ghillie (who was 8 at the time) and took a big, vicious bite on her side. Ghillie turned, made horrible "I'm going to eat you" sounds and chased her a few feet. Sipsy went running, screaming like a wounded bunny. At first thought I was sure at least one of them would be bleeding. But nope...
Sipsy was also only 6 weeks when she was picked up and mom looked as though pups had been weaned long ago.
Two minutes later they were the best of friends and Sipsy had just had her 1st lesson on respecting her elders. From this point on the land shark was limited, play was acceptable and respectful. And I was thrilled the biting was minimal thanks to her big sister!
Because Sipsy was my 1st golden puppy I was taken back by the biting but grateful for this lesson. From all the post I've seen in the last couple of years, having another dog makes this part of golden puppy hood easier.
Enjoy, Moses is so adorable.
Robin shared Avidog's The Puppy Book with her puppy buyers, and one part stated this:

Well‐socialized adult dogs with good temperaments may set limits with puppies with a growl, snarl or snap-correction; it is important that you do not stop him. These behaviors are normal and not only should be allowed, they should be encouraged. Let him growl a warning or two, or even put the pup on its back. It may sound terrible but if no biting takes place, your dog is only teaching the pup some well-needed manners. However, you should step in quickly if he grabs or bites the puppy.

So, I've told Karl we shouldn't scold Noah if he gives a correction, but rather respect that he's setting boundaries. That, coupled with this from Fenzi on Page 7 "Bringing a Puppy Home to Your Multi-Dog Household" is another reason we got an Xpen this time around too.

https://fenzidogsportsacademy.com/images/fdsa/Growing-Up-FDSA-eBook.pdf

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You've got 4 hours from the time you make a post to go in and edit it.

Do you have the pictures saved on your computer? If so go to where you have them stored, rotate them, save new copy.

Select edit in your post, Go Advanced, scroll down to attachments, the window opens up, remove the original pics, upload the new ones, preview your post to be sure they are in current position, if they are, click submit Reply.
The problem is - they are correctly oriented on my computer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh my, he’s SUCH a cutie! I’m looking forward to following your family. I’m very vaguely thinking about adding a second golden, and I’m eager to hear how everyone adjusts.

BTW, when I click on the photos, they come right ways up in the larger view. More reason to take a closer look, lol!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts