Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all are probably tired of seeing Moose pictures by now, but had to share some of him outside yesterday afternoon.

He is already starting to really come out of his shell, and I was wrong. He does like balls and sticks and knows how to fetch. Yay! He's so pretty and such a fabulous dog! We are so lucky to have found him.

I LOVE the way he walks. It's like a proud prance. He almost glides.

His eyes are the oddest and prettiest brown I've seen.

Gimme that stick!

It's so funny the way he does a bow to start chewing on a stick. Eventually he puts his rear end down too.

The neighbor girl brought her lab, Shroeder, to come play for awhile.

Waiting for me to throw the ball.

I got the tennis ball! Na na na na boo boo! (mama needs to get some new ones)

CJ loves him. We all do.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Great to see Moose coming out of his shell and getting used to his new situation. He is a very handsome boy. Love seeing him have some fun.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Yah, its the Moose! I just love his copper penny eyes. What a handsome, handsome boy you have there. I'm so glad that he is coming out of his shell and playing now.
Please keep pics of Moose coming.

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
He is so handsome. Having 2 is so much better isn't it?

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hard to believe someone gave him up! He's a beautiful dog.
Knowing this dog and seeing how well he was taken care of and well trained he is, I bet it was a VERY difficult thing for the previous owners to do.

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
Not sure what the shelter's policy is, but maybe you could allow for the past owners to keep in touch. Sounds like he was well cared for and I'm sure they feel bad about giving him up. Even if it was just email...

My other half had a dog he gave up before he met me, he often wonders about where the dog ended up and for a while wanted to get him back so I could train him. Which I would do but at the time it would have been five dogs.... yikes!

Lana

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! I gave him his first bath tonight. He did great!

Thanks Lana. That's a good idea. I'll ask at the shelter if they have the previous family's email.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
He is just absolutely beautiful!!! I love his coloring and his eyes. You absolutely made the right decision! I didn't catch your answer to this earlier: Are you keeping his name?

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
He is gorgeous! You all are soo lucky!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts