Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where did the past few months go? it seems like yesterday we were going to pick him out! and now he's my little man! well.. not soo much little anymore lol..

i feel we got reall lucky with him. he hasn't chewed a single shoe or wall or piece of furniture, just his toys.. and hopefully *fingers crossed* he won't. he seemed to have lost all his teeth and he is just a joy to have. and he loves having early morning snuggles with his mom lol.. my only complaint is that he like to hog my side of the bed :/ lol but i feel like he's my own child! anways i found some old pictures and i wanted to share.. they uploaded all mixed up.. but the last one is when he was 8 weeks.. the day after we got him.. it's the only picture with me holding him (don't mind the outfit.. we were heading to an 80's themed party). he seemed to grow up so quick after that.. the second last one is the most recent!

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
awww, Moose has gotten big--the time just flys by.....great pictures (even the 80's themed ones!)--thanks for sharing!!!! And sounds like you got lucky if the only thing he has destroyed is a toy or two!

·
Registered
618 Posts
You picked a good name when you decided to call him Moose. He looks huge already, especially compared to my Golden who's also just about 6 months old.

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i took the picture on a weird angle when he's on the couch thats why he looks soo big! lol we figure he's about 55ish pounds now.. last time we weighed him last month he was 48lbs. i do miss his little fluffyness.. he's starting to get his long hair now.. lol its growing in so awkward!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
He is a very beautiful boy and you should be proud of him indeed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
He sure is a handsome boy! Our boy Kopi will be 6 months old on December 6.
He's 40 pounds. Does that seem small?

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
The Moose-Man is sure growing and it is fun to see the pictures and watch this. My girl Kye is the same age and I agree that it is good to pass the puppy stage, yet hard to imagine how fast they are maturing and our puppy fuzziness is gone. My guess is that she weighs about 48-50 lbs, but need to take her to the Vets to get an more accurate weight.

Love Moose's name!

Reactions: mrmooseman

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we figure moose is around 60 pounds now.. but we haven't had him to the vets in a while, we had to make an appt because i've been noticing when he goes to urinate (he still squats) his hind legs shake :confused: .. he isn't showing any other signs of hd but better safe then sorry!

our friends just got a golden retriever pup about a month ago, a little girl.. and we have intoduced them.. it was soo cute watching them play and i was soo impressed with how gentle moose played with her.. it was almost as if he knew she was younger and more fragile. now that she's getting bigger they play more rough but he is such a goon and makes me soo nervous when he hops around her, i'm so scared he's going to jump on her! but he will lay down and let her jump on him as if she has won that round. its soo cute..

but i don't ever remember moose's baby teeth being soo sharp! lol

the photo with him watching tv is us watching the canadian dog show.. he was soo funny.. he would follow the dogs as they walked on the tv and he was soo into it.. lol

Attachments

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
What a handsome boy!! He is gorgeous! Happy 6 month birthday!

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
What a doll Mr. Mooseman is! He looks so much like my Coop, amazing. Hard to believe Moose is already 6 months. I remember when you posted the first pictures and now he is many times that size. What a cutie.

Wonderful pictures and I wonder what he is thinking as he watches the other dogs on TV??

Reactions: mrmooseman

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think he just wanted to play with the dogs on the tv.. he didnt bark.. he just stared at them.. he's been asking for a sibling but i don't think we're ready right now lol

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
He sure is a handsome boy! Our boy Kopi will be 6 months old on December 6.
He's 40 pounds. Does that seem small?
I don't think so...they all grow at their own rate. 40 seems a healthy weight if he doesn't look too thin to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts