Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Guidehuman for blind pup!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well weve had our Monte since Sunday morning (the day after our wedding day actually- what an amazing wedding gift he is!!!) and i just thought i would let you all know how hes getting on. Well what can i say?.....he...is...AMAZING!!!! He is so so happy and so loving and very very playfull i really couldnt ask for a better puppy. First two night he never even made a sound at night and last night he whimpered for literally 5 mins before settling down so im very proud of my boy. He does get up and does a wee in the night on the newspaper but he doesnt make a sound bless him. Hes not had many accidents in the house as we are very vigilant on watching him, there have been the odd few mistakes (our mistakes i might add!) but he is so very very young yet and i really am surprised at how good hes being so far. I havent mentioned his blindness yet.....because at this moment its really not been an issue at all. He iss jut so happy to play with his toys, he knows where the water is, where the dog toy basket is, where the bones are and he certainly knows where your feet are when he wants to chase and grab on to trousers lol!!! Im a very happy puppy mommy :D

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
Monte is such a little cutie. Take lots of pictures because he will grow very fast. I'm so sorry that he is blind. Thank you for taking him. He will be a very loyal pup for you. He knows that he is special. Hugs....

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Monte is so cute. I am glad he is adjusting well to new environment. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Oh Monte, bless your lil heart buddy......love your pics....cant wait to hear how well you are doing in the months to come!!!:wave:

·
Registered
850 Posts
What a sweetheart!

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
He is just to cute. Remeindes me so much of my Hunter when I got him and his littermate KayCee over 12 years ago. And google and read about Fair Ellen, a collie born blind many, many years ago. They don't know they are any different from any other dog. thanks you for taking this very special and much loved little guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts