Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got back from visiting my Mom and family down in Los Angeles. My Mom has a Golden she rescued from the pound a year or so ago. She's extremely fluffy, especially in her hind quarters and tail. Her belly area is furry as well- just comparing that to Sienna whose belly fur is much shorter, thinner. Her legs are much shorter than what I believe a normal Golden's are, but I do know there a many varieties. Just thought I would put it out there and see if anyone can see another breed in there or is she just a different Golden LOL. These pictures were taken May 2008 when she first got her.

Attachments

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Looks like all Golden to me! She is a doll, for sure!!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I think she looks full golden to me. And boy is she pretty with a gorgeous coat. Tell your Mom thank you for rescuing her.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
I see what you mean about the legs but if there were anything but golden in her, one would think there would be more than just shorter legs showing it. Maybe the person who had her didn't take good care of her or maybe it's just a weird genetic thing. I am thinking there is no way she isn't full golden.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
She's beautiful......when Reno was younger, he had alot of belly fur like that and he's purebred. It's starting to thin now that he's older.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
When I go to shows, I am always surprised at how "short" the dogs look. I think many of us with pet goldens don't realize how oversized some of them are. She is absolutely GORGEOUS and looks 100% golden to me and like others have said, has a gorgeous coat!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Wow!

Wow! What a beauty. I think she's a Golden For sure.

Gorgeous!

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
She also looks like she's either about to or is blowing coat in a pretty major way. IME they tend to look and feel a lot fluffier when their blowing coat. My guys are both in the process of blowing coat right now - my poor vacuum!
Erica

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Here's the first sentence in the Golden Retriever standard--I've bolded a couple of descriptions for emphasis--Goldens are not "tall" dogs and they are not supposed to have a "harsh" expression. This cutie from the pound is a real find! Love her expression and I don't think she's short at all!

A symmetrical, powerful, active dog, sound and well put together, not clumsy nor long in the leg, displaying a kindly expression and possessing a personality that is eager, alert and self-confident.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I think she is definitely 100% Golden. She is GORGEOUS! Lexi and Klondike have the much thicker and heavy hair on their bellies. I think she comes from confirmation lines, that is why she has the shorter legs...characteristic of the "show" Golden. All three of my Golden's have the shorter legs, even Brody...who is my rescue heart guy. He is a combination.....his Mom was a confirmation Golden, and his Dad was a field type Golden. He has the shorter legs as well.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Don't see anything but a beautiful golden there!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
She's beautiful and looks pure Golden! The English line goldens have shorter legs and bodies and blocky heads. I had one and he had a beautiful long fluffy coat and tail. She's very pretty!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awww, thanks everyone- you've really made my Mom smile with all your comments- from what the vet thinks she should be turning 5 next year. She has already turned a little white in the face (the photos were from May 2008) and unfortunately my brother loves to give her treats, so I think she may need to loose a few pounds, but hard to tell under all that fluff! (she does get everyday exercise from a dog walker)
These are from Thanksgiving, she kept turning her head ;-)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts