Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sophie's Mommy
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so tomorrow is a big day for sophie, it will be her first day completely alone. for the first three weeks we had her i was home (i'm a teacher so i was on break) and then this past week my husband took his vacation to give her one more week to adjust. so tomorrow will be her first "solo" day! we've been working hard on leaving the house in incremental amounts of time so that she's used to be alone during the day, but, i'm still really nervous!! i'll have her toys and kong stuffed w/ peanut butter..we usually leave music on for her when we leave....so how can mommy get through the day without being too worried?! ;) (btw...daddy is not this worried!!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
I know the feeling! I stayed home with Charlie for two weeks then DH took two weeks to be with her when we first brought her home. Her first day alone and many days after I worried all day but I live only minutes from home and was lucky enough to come home and check on her at lunch time. After a couple of days she would wait to be lifted into her room to get her stuffed Kong. In the afternoon I would fill up her Tricky Treats ball for variety. Do you have anyone who can check on her and report back to you?

PS: My DH didn't worry half as much as I did either!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I think it is a Mommy thing. When Beau used to have seizures at night, I would wake in a second when they started and hubby would sleep thru the whole thing.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I sympathize!! I'm a teacher too and going back to work this past week after being home with her for 2 months just about did me in!! She was fine, though, and do I ever get cuddles when I get home!! :)

·
Sophie's Mommy
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks!

thanks for the support everyone! unfortunately, we don't have anyone able to check up on her during the day. i have a feeling she'll sleep most of the time anyway! funny about sneaking her in the back pack..i think the staff would actually love it more, they keep asking me to bring her in! (which has motivated me to look into training her for pet therapy since it's a school for kids w/ special needs...but, one thing at a time, she's still a baby!!!) :D

·
Sophie's Mommy
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so sophie has been doing great this week...some accidents while we're gone, but that's to be expected, i know she's too young to hold it that long. she had her free pass to go out into the world finally and she LOVES her walks!!! and eveyone loves her in the neighborhood. mommy and daddy are exhausted trying to get used to the new routine, but she seems happy as can be :) she has her first playdate today w/ my cousin's lab mix...it should be fun! hope everyone is doing well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.