Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Hello Molly.. what a wonderful job you must do!!!! My Neeko is 6 as well, he's been a therapy dog for 5 years, and we love it!!! Hope you continue for many more years!!!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
That's great. I can see the happiness she's bringing. I hope to do therapy work with Rukie someday but he's not ready yet.

·
Registered
601 Posts
That’s awesome! We had a meeting today at our our local St Johns ambulance for our Bentley! He’s not quite old enough yet but they are doing more testing in January! If I feel he’s isn’t ready in January, he will do the testing in April or May!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s awesome! We had a meeting today at our our local St Johns ambulance for our Bentley! He’s not quite old enough yet but they are doing more testing in January! If I feel he’s isn’t ready in January, he will do the testing in April or May!
Good luck with Bentley - he'll pass don't worry. Golden's make excellent Therapy Dogs :smile2:

·
Registered
601 Posts
No we haven’t. I’m having a hard time getting him to walk without pulling on a flat collar. He is fine when he wears a choke chain or gentle lead but the requirement is a flat collar. We will keep working on it. I think he will be a great therapy dog. He’s so sweet and mellow.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello Molly.. what a wonderful job you must do!!!! My Neeko is 6 as well, he's been a therapy dog for 5 years, and we love it!!! Hope you continue for many more years!!!!
Good for you Neeko - 5 years is great - keep it up

·
Super Moderator
3,585 Posts
Hey Karen:) So awesome that Sophie is now certified and can join Molly in the wonderful work you do! Asia and I did that for awhile too when she was young. Unfortunately, they don't have the program in our area any more. I would love to do it with Kismet and I know he would be a wonderful therapy dog. Brenda sure makes great dogs:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Joanne - don't they have a St John Ambulance Office in Vernon? I know there's one in Kelowna.
Not sure how far away they are from you. You live in Vernon, right?
Oh, how nice Asia was a therapy dog before; she must have been perfect for that?
Yes, Kismet would be a great Therapy Dog as well. Brenda does breed amazing Goldens.
When we got Molly at 8 weeks old till now her temperament hasn't changed. I had one other Golden before and she was mellow too; but Molly is twice if not more mellow than her. I just love her so much. It's great having the two of them so I can switch them between visits.
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts