Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We went out on the first Senior test of the season due to terrible handling, but it was a still a good experience because I learned how to manage her test anxiety a little better for the next test. Then she went on to pass the next four! I learned a bit about myself working Molly through this. It was easier to quit than to continue working with her and potentially fail. Even after our first pass, I believed that I was content with just that one pass because I didn't want to go through the X amount of fails that I might have to in order to get three more passes. Test anxiety can be unpredictable. But man, it's just dog training. Who cares? Luckily, we got through with no problems.

This also means she qualifies for the Versatility Certificate!

Also, I'm not holding up a gang sign. It's supposed to indicate pass #4 :bowl: But if anyone's a G, it's Molly. Just look at that tough expression. :roflmao:

·
Super Moderator
16,912 Posts
Congratulations, the picture is definitely one for framing. Wonderful expression on her face!.

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
I think you should say that YOU and Molly did it! Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Whoo Hoo!!! Congratulations to you and Molly!!!

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Congratulations! Molly's journey to SH has finally finished! Good for Molly for sticking with it.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations! Molly's journey to SH has finally finished! Good for Molly for sticking with it.
It was a LOT shorter than I thought it’d be. I absolutely did not expect her to pass four in a row. I thought we’d be testing for a few seasons :D. But she had all the skills from before I gave up on her. I just needed to learn how to desensitize her to the test environment. She ended up doing great work. I’m very proud of her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts