Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to take them out before bed and Mojo ate a freaking big black cricket. Hunted that poor sucker down. I'm being a worrywart, probably, but will he be okay!? :(:doh:

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
If there is an issue, it will probably come back up soon.
Other than that, rumor has it that they're crunchy on the outside and soft inside.

·
Registered
70 Posts
my new puppy hunts down and eats grass hoppers,crickets,and grass spiders all the time dont worry one bit my dog used to eat pebbles:):doh:

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
Bender used to eat beatles, then foam at the mouth for about an hour. She did this almost daily. Made for interesting walks when she did though.

I'm sure he'll be fine, our cat eats crickets too.

Lana

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
mmmmm, yummmm, a bed time snack. :yuck: I'm sure he'll be fine. Duke eats dead spiders! :doh: Only because he's not fast enough to catch a live one. lol

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
When Maggie was alive I'd always send her after any bugs in the house, she'd eat them so I didn't have to squish them. I always figured they were a little extra protein!

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
healthy snack.Full of protein.LOL He is fine.Mine do this all the time/

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
the Tito monster loves catching and eating all sorts of bugs. He can even catch flies out of the air sometimes. Can be interesting in the obedience ring....

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
extra protein...yuck.
Mine see a bug...I see a bug...it's a race to who eats/picks it up first. (I pick it up)
I caught Noah trying to eat a bug through the window yesterday.

I hate the look of "I have something in my mouth and it might be moving"...they tend not to eat first.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Gilmour started this last week, with the yearly showing up of the crickets.

It's actually kinda fun to watch them track them down :)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
We have chameleons that eat crickets so we always have some in the house.
Funny how sometimes they will get out of their container and then we never see them again :)
Molson was pretty good at keeping the house "bug free" but I am sure Timber has ate a few in his life :)
There's alot worse things they could be eating!!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I am so Lucky, Luck does not eat them! Although he chases them. It is quite funny. Once he catches up to them he could get it, he huffs and they take off and he chases yet again!

Recently my sons hampster got out. And oh Lord it ended up in Luck's mouth! I thought it was over for poor Flower (hampster). He let it out and back to the chase...which Luckily we won the chase that time and got Flower back to her home!

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, you guys crack me up! Thanks so much... I was so worried that I made Gary move Moj's kennel into our bedroom last night... LOL. If only I had read this before I went to sleep. <3

Oh, and I'll admit, it was pretty cute watching him track it down. It just didn't click at first exactly what was happening LOL. And then BAM. No more cricket. Haha.

·
i lub alda mi prens
1,083 Posts
Jake looks at me as if to say... Mmmmm crunchy!!! I think bugs are like candy to dogs. LOL

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Sam and Dillon love summertime because it means the junebugs are out in full force... they love crunching on those the most. blech...

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL, I didn't hear any crunch though. It was like he inhaled it... which means it was probably tickling his inside parts. LOL.

Oh yeah, when the pups are in our garage it's like kids in a candy shop.

·
A Deputy and his dog
167 Posts
For a year and a half Moose has eaten all kinds of various bugs. A trip to the woods is just a 3 hour buffet to him. Seems to like it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts