Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
This is a worse crime than those who raise dogs to fight. To take an innocent dog that wants nothing to do with that lifestyle and putting it in a cage or whatever they use to defend itself against a blood thirsty dog. It's these kinda people that deserve the harshest of punishments and to never see the outside world again.

I'd comment more about how I feel and what kinds of punishments I'd see fit, but I'm not risking getting banned over the choices of some lowlifes.
No dog chooses this lifestyle and they become blood thirsty because they are trained that way, do it or die or do it and die. I have seen firsthand fighting dogs and "bait" dogs and both are scared to death.
I would also comment on punishment but would also risk reprimand.
It is the humans that are blood thirsty not the dogs. Wrong on so many levels:no:

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,828 Posts
This is horrific-contact your State Legislators to get bills passed to put a stop to this along with stricter laws and punishments.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Are you sure this is real? Dogfighting obviously is, but I can't find any outside substantiation of this idea of dogs fighting in the trunk of a car with "thugs" blaring their music at the same time. I can't find anything from the Dallas PD about it or any news source.

·
<><><><><>
2,639 Posts
Put the following words in to Google, and you will see that it is in fact a real practice.....

dog fighting trunk car

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Put the following words in to Google, and you will see that it is in fact a real practice.....

dog fighting trunk car
I see two police sources, one in NJ and one in TN, saying it's a practice but zero cases of charges brought or arrests made. And the TN officer says "apparently," so she may have been reacting to the NJ officer's statements, as they take place in the same time frame in 2011. It looks like an HSUS guy tried to promote fear of this practice in 2010 or 2011 by relying on one ASPCA officer's description of the practice. I'm not saying it's not real. I'm just skeptical that it's a widespread issue.

·
<><><><><>
2,639 Posts
I see two police sources, one in NJ and one in TN, saying it's a practice but zero cases of charges brought or arrests made. I'm not saying it's not real. I'm just skeptical that it's a widespread issue.
I just watched a 5 minute news clip about it, with interviews with dog fighting experts and consultants that say it's popular. The reason for the lack of arrests is that it's difficult to catch them.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I just watched a 5 minute news clip about it, with interviews with dog fighting experts and consultants that say it's popular. The reason for the lack of arrests is that it's difficult to catch them.
That clip is based on the claims of that same NJ officer (Shatkin) and one other. And "Pet Pulse" isn't really a recognized journalistic outlet. They have one HSUS guy and a couple of ASPCA officer as sources. I just don't find it convincing at all that it's this major practice among dog fighting people.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Are you sure this is real? Dogfighting obviously is, but I can't find any outside substantiation of this idea of dogs fighting in the trunk of a car with "thugs" blaring their music at the same time. I can't find anything from the Dallas PD about it or any news source.
This was on the facebook site of the vet clinic we use- the East Dallas Chamber put out a notice of the noise program but nothing was mentioned about this type of dog fighting. As I posted I'd never heard of something like this before and it sort of surprises me because dog fighting isn't common in the sector area of the city they are testing the program in, so I"m baffled too! Northeast Dallas just doesn't have a dog fighting issue- southeast and southwest do.

ETA: we don't really have a loud noise/music issue in the northern part of the city, so yes, I"m baffled by this. Even if it's all true, calling 311 (the non-emergency number) won't do any good because the backlog is weeks and months long!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts