Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful girl golden Retriever/ Chow mix has been missing since May 25Th, 2009 :( the pics on my profile are of her .She was abandon in my neighborhood about 5 yrs ago, I knew no one would claim her, for the conditions she was in .... so I took her to the vet got her spayed and microchip. she has the most beautiful brown eyes, personality I will skip that.... but I will say our home hasn't been the same since she has been gone.

Attachments

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Oh I am so sorry, she is beautiful. I hope that you get a Christmas miracle and you find her.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
I am so glad you decided to post. I wondered if you would. She is beautiful. What are the details of where she was lost?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, every morning I get an e-mail from Pet Harbor, I check the pound regulary pet911 and pets911,Fidofinder , cregslist,(there I check pets lost anf found and general, I also look on pets beeing sold, free etc.) twitter,Kijiji Alerts, flyer the adds on the local news pepars, put sings in neighborhood,pet finder I check the humane society here and Pinelas, the good thing its that she is Microchipped which I call them once a week, she is microchiped w 24 hrs.
Please if you have any ideas I would try them. Thank you for caring :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I leave on the River Dale Subdivition, its off of Harney Rd, that's where she got out, from the house, I was out my grandson open the door she got out,I didn't find out until late that afternoon :(

·
Kathy mom to Jasper
807 Posts
One word of advise. Not all scanners read all chips. It's unfortunate but true. They also have to scan the whole body sometimes because the chips can move around. Good luck and don't give up hope.

·
Kathy mom to Jasper
807 Posts
I'm helping find another lost dog and this is what one of the rescue sent me. I hope this helps.

Hi. I belong to a miniatue pinscher rescue group in SC and received your email. Here are some places to contact.
Good Luck. we will be praying for Roxie's safe return to you.

www.dogdetective.com/

www..fidofinder.com/

www.lostandfound.com/

www.FindToto.com

www.lostandpound.com

www.lostapet.org/

www.lostpetnet.com/beta/index.php

www.lostpetsos.org/

www.Missingpets.com

www.petfinder.com/classifieds/classifiedhop.html

www.pets911.com/index.php

www.Fetch-my-pet.com

www.k9amberalert.com/

www.craigslist.com in the pets’ section no one looks in the lost section.

What to do if a dog goes missingPlease print this and keep it somewhere safe-it's important to follow these steps as soon as a dog goes missing, and everybody (myself included) goes into freakout mode when a dog runs off-good to just have a list sitting there when you need it. Here's hoping we never have to use it again, but I think that's pretty wishful thinking:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tell the RCs first-we'll broadcast the news nationwide to IMPS administration, and alert Petie, who monitors the IMPS hotline, that a call might be coming in about the dogPost flyers immediately-include a picture of the dog, a written description, the word REWARD (no amount, but offer a reward), where the dog was lost and when, contact info (all phone numbers you can think of, including mine and
Paula's and Deedra’s, and the IMPS toll-free number, 1-877-MINPIN-1). I have a flyer template and I can complete it and email/fax whatever it to the foster home so we don't have to duplicate that effort.Call the local police department and find out what happens when a dog is found in the community (Do the police pick it up, or another agency? Where does the dog go from there? What's the phone number of the place the dog would be taken (shelter, animal control holding, vet office etc.)? One missing pin was picked up by the police department, who called the vet that issued his rabies tag to get the contact info. We had a hell of a time tracking down where the dog actually was, and got the "no, we got no minpin here" line several times before we found out that they actually DID HAVE HIM, so be persistent!Call animal control if there is one in the communityCall vet offices within 10 miles of where the dog was lostCall
shelters within 10 miles of where the dog was lostCanvass the neighborhood, especially checking with children, mailmen, UPS drivers etc. You can also ask kids not just if they’ve seen the dog but to help look for him. Children LOVE helping adults out of a jam they've gotten themselves into (for a change), especially if it involves a dog and a reward!If the dog isn't found within 24 hours, we will put a "lost dog" ad in the appropriate newspaper, and contact other rescues to ask them to keep their radar up about any found minpin.Obviously, it's VERY important that the dog be wearing his IMPS tag and all his other tags AT ALL TIMES. A lightweight collar should be on the dog always, with tags attached, and a separate (martingale/slip/greyhound) collar used for walkies, so if the collar attached to the lead slips off he still has his ID info. It might also be a good idea, What to do if a dog goes missing
(continued)now that I actually think of it, for foster homes to have a tag or two made that has your phone numbers on it-this could be slapped on fosters as they come in, so that anybody finding the dog would have the direct contact information. If you pick up or transport a dog with no IMPS tag for some reason, write the tag number that the dog will have on a piece of sturdy tape, with waterproof marker, and wrap it around the collar until you get the real tag. If you don’t have IMPS tags please ask an RC and we will get a few to you.

Also, she shent me this:

We use her to help us find IMPS dogs. She is WONDERFUL. sounds hoaxy but works - kinda a dog psycic

Annette Betcher

360-871-4774

www.annettebetcher.com

[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts