Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been such a difficult week. We have been trying really hard to count our blessings, but the water still flows in tears. Missing our Di and my brother especially at this time of year. There are so many memories of Christmas past. At this time last year we had no idea that we would loose them both. I know the holidays are hard for so many people.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I understand. My first without my Buddy. It has been hard.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Pam- You know you have my heart and love. It's been bitter sweet for us here in Austin. Funny, I was just looking at the tree and smiling at General/Belle ornaments then something told me to check our sight. Your post was right in front of my eyes. Our angel's are working together to make sure we are there for each other during this hard time.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I am sitting here eating one of your wonderful cookies as I am writing. They are de-lish !! Jordan keeps trying to convince me that everything was for her ! I have been thinking of you too, all week. I know this holiday is going to be hard on all of us, there are just too many that we are all missing. For me, it has been friends like you that help fill in the voids. I try hard to remember to be thankful for Jordan and Max. I wish I could think of something profound to say that would help us all. Just know how much I love and care about you and will always be here if you need me !! Take care.:smooch:

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Yes, it is very tough, glad they were here with us, being a big part of our life, but i to miss them so much, SHANE, it never feels right ,no matter how many years go by, my dad , and spencer, we just have to live with it, don't we? I MISS MY MIL, not many dil's, can say that!!!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel so fortunate to have found everyone here! You all (or is it ya'll) know exactly how hard it can be, especially during the holidays.

Claire's Friend-SM, Yes, we are very fortunate to have Jordan and Max this Christmas. Max is my little ray of sunshine! You have helped me get through some really rough spots. I do hope to be able to meet you and Jordan one day!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sending you lots of hugs and kisses.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Sending hugs your way - Di will always be with you

Reactions: PrincessDi

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
I'm so sorry about Di. Dogs share all our intimate spaces, and it is like a physical blow to lose one you've loved for years. It is very sad. I still miss my dog Joplin, and he died in 2002. I lost two more at bookends of one summer in 2007, and it felt as though the planet tilted- everything was wrong.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm sorry too, it is a tough time of year. There are many happy things going on but at the same time it's sad too.

Thinking about you,
Cindy

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
"I lost two more at bookends of one summer in 2007, and it felt as though the planet tilted- everything was wrong."
That's it EXACTLY, I have never heard it described so perfectly before.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm so sorry about Di. Dogs share all our intimate spaces, and it is like a physical blow to lose one you've loved for years. It is very sad. I still miss my dog Joplin, and he died in 2002. I lost two more at bookends of one summer in 2007, and it felt as though the planet tilted- everything was wrong.
I too have never heard it summerized as well. And yes loosing both Di and my brother Leonard this year and moving cross country to take care of my Mom, the planet has definitely tilted for us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts