Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think about them everyday.. there's not a day that goes by where I don't. It always brings tears to my eyes, but I can't stop the tears from flowing today. Destiny and Leah were sisters, they were best friends, and the most loyal companions I've ever had the joy of knowing. Leah crossed the bridge about 3 years ago at the age of 9 after a courageous battle with cancer.. It took months for Destiny (and the rest of us) to overcome severe depression. Destiny crossed the rainbow bridge 6 months ago a few days shy of 11.5 years old. Tomorrow would be their 12th birthday, I hope they get to celebrate up there, and I hope they know how much they are loved and missed down here.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so sorry. We'd love to hear stories and see some pics of your girls. Hugs.

Reactions: Brandiann

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,677 Posts
I'm so sorry you're missing your girls so much today. It's always so hard when they're loved so much and so special to you.

Feel free to share pictures and stories of Leah and Destiny, hopefully the memories will bring a smile to you and help you feel close to them.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Sending you strength today. Happy Birthday to your much loved girls.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Brandiann,

Thinking of you, Destiny and Leah. Our boys and girls will all help them celebrate their 12th birthday tomorrow at the Rainbow Bridge! Milestones are so hard...sending you a big HUG.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Destiny and Leah will always be a part of you. My thoughts are with you today.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Our thoughts and support are with you.

Mike

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to upload these yesterday but I got a little too emotional going through the pictures. I have TONS more but most are not on my computer. So here they are.. my beautiful girls..

1. Princess Leah

2. Destiny and MJ (Kitty they raised as their own)

3. Leah wearing a hat

4. Girls last night together before Leah made her way to the bridge. (Sept 2008 -Date on picture is wrong)

5.Girls at 8 weeks old (March 2000)

Attachments

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Sweet, sweet girls. I know how you feel. I try to stay away from the pictures, it is just breaking my heart looking at those happy moments we had together. Going backward from the last ones, still did not make it to the puppy phase, tried ones and it was sooo hard, I had to stop on the second picture. But I have one in doggy house frame on my kitchen window so my Buddy is still with me when I cook and clean dishes.
I am so sorry for your loss, your girls were beautiful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts