Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today marks 6 years since my sweet Ginger went to the bridge. She would be 11 years old now if we hadn't lost her so young at age 5. She was a great childhood companion and wonderful friend. She introduced me and my family to the love that goldens give and I know that I will always have at least one golden in my life because of her. She was such a gentle soul, I wish I could have known her when she would have gotten her old sugar face.

I remember that she would never come upstairs; I guess my parents didn't want her up there. One day we tried to get her to come up there and she just refused. She would walk anywhere with us without a leash and never ventured out of sight. She was so friendly and just wanted to say 'hi' to everyone. She was a submissive/excited pee'er and that was something she never outgrew.

I will never forget when I found out that she was gone; Mom and Dad took her to the vet to talk about what was going on with her. She was diagnosed with Lymphoma and they let her go right there. She was in a lot of pain- her back leg was swollen 2-3x it's normal size. I remember going to school that day and telling her I would see her later and giving her a big kiss.

Ginger, I know you are having fun at the bridge with all of the friends you have made. I miss you more than anything, but I also thank you for bringing Beamer into my life. You would have loved him, I know it. You know, Mom even thinks he looks like you a bit. Run free, sweet girl. We will meet again soon some day.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
We never do forget them, do we. Ginger sounds like she was the perfect companion with a sweet, sweet temperament. I think my Kosmo may have found Ginger as they sound like kindred spirits.

Reactions: Rainheart

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. I wish I had more pictures on my computer to share, but they are all in photo albums and I don't have access to a scanner.

I will be reminiscing about her all day today and giving extra hugs to Beamer.

Rita- I am sure that Ginger and Kosmo found each other!
As well as Sam and Di.

Reactions: PrincessDi

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Debles- Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to seeing her again.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Ginger was a beautiful girl. I know that my Beau dude is probably playing with her and keeping her company. He did love the girls. Especially the redheads.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ginger

What a beautiful girl Ginger was. I am so sorry.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What a beautiful girl Ginger was, she looked so much like our Sugar who is also at the Bridge.
She will be there at the Bridge waiting for you.

Mike

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sending you hugs and kisses.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
So sad that Ginger went to the bridge at such a young age.

Run free and play hard Ginger

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all again for your kind words. Even after 6 years, her passing still hurts. The pain is much easier to deal with now than it was a few years ago, I know it will never fade fully, which I am thankful for.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
I am sorry you lost Ginger so young. She was beautiful. It is for her you have Beamer now, Ginger did such a good job on this side of the Bridge.
Run free sweet girl.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts