Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. I can't believe that Marshall was so young, very very sad. My thoughts are with you and your family & friends. He was such a beautiful boy and your description of him was beautiful. RIP, beautiful boy.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about Marshall :(. He was much too young! From your description it almost sounds as if he passed away from the same thing that my first golden passed from. Check out this info on Myasthenia Gravis (with Megaesophgus) Myasthenia Gravis

She had some of the symptoms (retching, hind end weakness) for awhile but they would come and go. It wasn't until I took her to Tuft's Vet Hospital, on a Friday evening, that they took an x-ray of her throat area and they found the mega-esophagus. They were pretty sure that she was suffering from Myasthenias Gravis and they wouldn't let me bring her home (she was showing symptoms of hind end weakness) because they said that once the symptoms present themselves to that degree, they go downhill quickly. They did further tests and found a tumor on her Thymus gland which causes Myasthenia Gravis with Megaesophagus. She had increased weakness when I went to visit her on Saturday and by Sunday she could no longer walk. They removed her tumor on Monday, hoping that once the tumor was gone that maybe her symptoms would reverse themselves but she never improved and I had her PTS on Thursday.

·
Boomer and Maggie's Mom
453 Posts
So sorry for the sudden loss of Marshall, he was a handsome boy. It's so heartbreaking to lose them so young, any age hurts but 4 was very young, I know I lost my Daisy at 3 1/2. Marshall will be well taken care of at the bridge by all of our beloved goldens we have lost. Take care.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts