Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Jacey hid her Kong from me. I was looking for it so I could get some more treats in it for her and I can't find it anywhere. I looked for it where it usually is, I looked for it by the treats, I looked to see if she put it in her crate, and I looked out in the yard for it and still nothing. I'm willing to guess it's hidden under the snow from the last time she was playing with it outside.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
LOL! At least the kong can withstand all that mother nature has to offer! I'm already planning for our future puppy that isn't even a twinkle in his mother's eye! haha. I've order him 2 kongs, one for the freezer and one out in the house for meals, etc. It just might be time for you to get another!

·
Retired bum..........
1,106 Posts
Funny, I can't find my dog's kong. I was throwing it to him last night and we did this over and over, but nowhere to be found now. Didn't take it outside either. I'm in a small house too so not many spots to put it. Hopefully he didn't eat it last night.:gotme:

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
Funny, I can't find my dog's kong. I was throwing it to him last night and we did this over and over, but nowhere to be found now. Didn't take it outside either. I'm in a small house too so not many spots to put it. Hopefully he didn't eat it last night.:gotme:
If one of our kongs went missing...I'd bet a bundle that Lincoln would have eaten it!!! He's a heavy duty chewer.....and toy eater.

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Ranger's gone through 4 this winter so far. The first he dropped down a vent by accident, the second he grabbed immediately after the first one and dropped the second one down the vent too. Apparently he likes the banging noise it makes as it drops? He pushed the grate away 2 weeks later and dropped the the third one down the vent when I wasn't looking! Then the fourth one has apparently walked away (probably scared of getting dropped in the vent and ending up in the Valley of Lost Kongs). We're currently on the fifth one, which I just bought 2 days ago. Right after I duct taped the grate to the wall.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Ranger's gone through 4 this winter so far. The first he dropped down a vent by accident, the second he grabbed immediately after the first one and dropped the second one down the vent too. Apparently he likes the banging noise it makes as it drops? He pushed the grate away 2 weeks later and dropped the the third one down the vent when I wasn't looking! Then the fourth one has apparently walked away (probably scared of getting dropped in the vent and ending up in the Valley of Lost Kongs). We're currently on the fifth one, which I just bought 2 days ago. Right after I duct taped the grate to the wall.
Just wanted to say that you gave me a good laugh tonight. Thanks!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
We must have another dimension in our house with all the lost dog toys in it. We used to have a red kong and that's long gone. It belonged to my rat terrier. There are legions of tennis balls - who knows where?

My poodle mix loves to take a toy outside to play. He'll run to the door with a toy in his mouth. In the spring, its like Dogs R Us out there - toys unearthed after the big thaw.

KrisM

·
They grow so fast
653 Posts

OMG I think I am crying of laughter... You really painted a funny pic...:bowl::bowl::bowl:

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
I just wanted to know if your house is cold...can any warm air get by the sea of kongs in the vent? LOL

·
Retired Apache Pilot
40 Posts
I cannot get Sergeant the least bit interested in his Kong. If I put food inside, he licks it for 2-3 minutes, then he is done with it.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
its in the same place as the missing sock from the dryer...and they know this spot.

I have toys vanish and reappear weeks later like they were never gone. And I look and can't find them as well. And they can't dig in the house so I'm thinking they have a hidden compartment in the house I have no idea about.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I certainly know about toys vanishing, too! Lacey got a nice chew stick from my sis. She doesn't really chew it, just plays with it by throwing it up in the air and pouncing on it. Then, she'll take it and hide it in the house ... somewhere! Once, I followed her quietly, and there she was storing it under the sheets on my bed! Now wouldn't that have been something to wake up to! :doh:

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I lost count at the number of Kongs we keep on hand! We have at least 10 in 3 different sizes, all for goldens. Half of them are in the dishwaser at any given time. We have a big size that we put half of Toby's kibble in for meals to slow him down, Kongs for tiny peanut butter tastes, etc. Some of ours go missing, but they generally show up underneath furniture, like under the bed. I usually find it when I vacuum up the golden retriever size mound of fur that accumulates under there from time to time.

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
I swear at this point the pet store guys rub their hands when they see Ranger and I coming. I'm surprised they're not already ringing up a XL kong by the time I get to the counter! Happily, the 5th kong is still alive and visible, despite Ranger's efforts to de-duct tape the grate from the wall.

Janine - you are genius! Just this morning I was wondering why my place is so much colder than normal - the thermostat says 14 degrees! Then I read your reply and everything clicked. Looks like a call to vent cleaning company is in order...though I'm not sure if that will even work...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, the snow has melted and I've found the Kong...lol. We had it outside one day and it fell between the steps on my back deck and between snow and drifts it was pretty well hidden for awhile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts