Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Gosh Im so very sorry......love your girl's sugar-faced smile!
Be gentle on yourself....as usual, Hank's post was so well said....

·
Missing Tasha, Sky, & Ral
3,380 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May you find comfort from the happy memories.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
What a beautiful girl Elle was. I am so very sorry for your loss. Please dont second guess yourself...you did what you thought was best for your girl. She knows that you love her. She is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with all of our sweet angel goldens. Again, I am so very sorry,. xxoo

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your Ellie. Please don't blame yourself, you did what you thought what was best with the information given to you.

You will find many shoulders to lean on here. Most of us have experienced the loss of a pet and know your heartbreak. Share some pictures with us when you can.

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. Do not second guess yourself, it is what we all would have done in the hope of making her better. I don't think it was the stress dear, I think it was the weakness from the disease.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I lost a golden 3 years ago (almost to the day:(, Nov. 7, 2006 I believe) to liver cancer. He was fine on the weekend, but nauseated on Monday. Blood tests showed elevated liver values and X-ray showed a liver mass.
they kept him until Wednesday at which time we knew it was terminal and I brought him home thinking I would have some time with him.

He went downhill very fast and was PTS that Saturday. Cancer can take them very quickly and leaving her at the hospital seemed the best idea at the time. the time frame is the same as Elle's - Monday to Saturday and from fine to gone.

As heartbreaking as that was, I was glad chance didn't feel bad or suffer for long and I hope you can begin to feel that way about Elle.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard I do understand, I lost mine a month ago. Mine too was cancer. She had been diagnosed we were just helping her have as good a time as we could for as long as we could.

Elle knows you loved her and did all you could, even the ultimate sacrifice which is the ultimate display of love. She is still with you, in your quiet moments she will be there.

Sorry you found us after Elle. We are here for you, we want you to still share stories and pictures, if it is not too hard. We will be here for you.

Ann

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
So sorry for your loss she was a beautiful girl.
I lost my Sadie leaving her at the vet hospital we had to rush her there but if i had known i would have stayed with her i kissed her goodbye and see you in the morning which i never did.

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
So sorry to read of the loss of your beautiful Elle. It's so very painful to lose them in any manner and as you so rightly put it - a deep physical pain! I too found this forum after the loss of my Meg (who I was so blessed to have for 15 glorious years) and after nearly 2 years I am still here sharing in the wonderful world of goldens. So as others say, stick around as we would love to hear her life events and see more pics of her, Chip too of course!
RIP beautiful Elle.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Two years ago we lost two dogs and in between we lost both of our fathers. I grieved for the dogs harder and longer because the fathers were expected. My Sadie (1/2 golden 1/2 basset) was fine, but started losing her sight on Thursday. My vet was on vacation so we made an appointment for Monday and kept her next to us thinking we could help her. By Sunday she started convulsing and we had to send her to the bridge to end the pain. The emergency vet said that she probably had brain cancer and the tumor caused the blindness and seizures. Sam (basset) lasted a few months before he passed in his sleep. He was never the same without her. You are in my prayers and, yes, I hate leaving them anywhere overnight.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'm so sorry that you lost your Elle so soon. I know the second guessing only make your loss worst. Please know that Elle knows that her mommy did what seemed to be the best for her at the time. I'm sorry that this is such an awful time for your family. Big hugs to you.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I read here, everyday, but I rarely ever post. I just had to say that I am so very sorry for your loss. And she was so pretty. You did the best you could, and your dog knows this. Don't beat yourself up over it. Your dog knows what your intentions were, and that she was loved, and that is what matters. Again, I'm so very sorry for you and your family.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Lori, sorry for the sadness you are feeling in losing your beautiful Elle, you were doing what you believe was right for her, in trying to find out why she was sick, she would know that you really loved her. I hope when your pain and emptiness subsides you may like to share with us some photos of Elle and this sometimes can help you thru your grieving , that it how I came to find this forum when I too lost my best friend Jessie.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts