Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dad to Bogey and Reese
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5-year-old Scotty Meyer was found alive and well Wednesday morning near his home in Oak Grove, Wisconsin.

Scotty wandered away from his home just before noon Tuesday. 21 hours later, the 5-year-old with autism was found by searchers.

"Scotty Meyer has been found ALIVE near his home," the Pierce County Sheriff Nancy Hove posted on Facebook. "He has some mosquito bites and is a bit dehydrated."

Scotty was found by volunteer Jason Moser, an Ellsworth man who joined the search effort at daybreak Wednesday morning. Moser followed a dog named Autumn into the woods and heard Scotty whimpering.

A 10 a.m. news conference has been scheduled to provide more details.

Several hundred people gathered in the search for Scotty Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. After volunteers were sent home Tuesday night, sheriff's deputies and assisting agencies continued their search with heat-sensing equipment in the woods east of Prescott, Wis.

The sheriff thanked the community and volunteers "for their overwhelming support."

Read more: Missing 5-year-old found alive and well near Prescott, Wis. - Minneapolis News and Weather KMSP FOX 9

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Yea!! So glad the child was found and the twosome pictured above sure look happy.

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
It never fails that tears flood my eyes when a golden helps with something so noble. Thanks for sharing the article.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm so happy they found this boy safe. This is a couple hours away from me and we have had crazy heat for this boy to be out in. And of course a Golden came to the rescue! ;)

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm glad he was found, I know how scary getting lost can be, and at his age it's very dangerous for him to be alone(Autistic or not), especially around water.

One time when I was little and wandered off I went a few blocks away and some lady picked me up in her Van and took me to her house, Luckily she had good intentions, but she very well could have been a Kidnapper, and I was I think 3 at the time(and bound determined to wander off, especially without clothing. My mum used to have tall gates and locked all the doors, but I still managed to slip out sometimes)

It's so scary for the parents when I child goes missing

It's scary for the child too, heck it's still scary to me when I get lost(I've even been lost in a Walmart on a few occasions, which for me is scarier then being lost in the woods) sensory overload plays Havoc on your reasoning skills and your sense of direction, and those of us on the spectrum are, of course, drawn to water, which is very dangerous for a little kid.

I'm so glad this boy was found, I'm always so sad when I hear of little Autistic kids who've wandered off and drown. It's nice to hear a happy ending among all the sad ones.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
That is one good looking set of rescuers :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts