Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Beautiful girl. Her great breeding certainly shows. How old is she?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wonderful weekend at the IABCA show. Socks won two Best Bred by Exhibitor in Shows and a Reserve Best Bred by Exhibitor in Show. She was Best of Breed three times and Best of Breed Bred by Exhibitor at all four shows. She won every group competition she was in except one where she took group two to my friend’s lovely AKC Champion GSP.

Such a great weekend inspite of a rather unpleasant local breeder being there. She is one of those “English Cream” breeders who goes to these shows with her girls because all dogs entered almost always get titles even when they are last place.

I was speaking with a young new handler and this breeder literally yelled the girl’s name from like 60 feet away to make the young handler stop talking to me. This was not her kid, she was her friend’s kid. I had conversations with the kid and her mom with no issues but this breeder just couldn’t stand that the young handler was talking to me. I am always supportive of new handlers and juniors in particular but this breeder is unhinged because I pointed out her breeding program’s lack of health certifications when GRF member was mislead. As unpleasant as this person was, it could not eclipse Socks being undefeated in the female Golden competition, rocking it in groups and getting recognized repeatedly at the Best in Show level competitions.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts