Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I actually read about this "breeder" a long time ago when looking up how big my golden should get... my golden was the runt of her litter of 8... not a "miniature" or anything like that. This lady is insane!!! Cockers and goldens are not the same breed just because they have similar coats... this is just completely disgusting...

And she is charging like the same price someone could pay for a pure bred golden.

I think any "breeder" who has puppies on SALE is a puppy mill. Obviously they do not think enough about the pups to wait for the right homes... they just want the $$$.

·
16,000 Posts
I actually read about this "breeder" a long time ago when looking up how big my golden should get... my golden was the runt of her litter of 8... not a "miniature" or anything like that. This lady is insane!!! Cockers and goldens are not the same breed just because they have similar coats... this is just completely disgusting...

And she is charging like the same price someone could pay for a pure bred golden.

I think any "breeder" who has puppies on SALE is a puppy mill. Obviously they do not think enough about the pups to wait for the right homes... they just want the $$$.
They are producing puppies before there are homes for them, which is even worse, IMO.

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
Wow, this lady is an idiot. I have to check but I was wondering if she posts an address. I think that it would be a good thing to contact the local SPCA in her area with a concern / complaint. In my mind, by the description of how many dogs she has and how she is describing them - her dogs may be living in filth outside like the one woman who made the news recently breeding...I'm trying to think of the name of this dog...long hair...herding dogs...well, hopefully someone will know what I am talking about. I think she needs a visit from AC to ensure that even though she's an idiot, that at the very least she isn't abusing/neglecting the dogs she has.

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I have been trying to find an address and can't seem to find one. She mentions that a humane society visited her ranch in 2007 and she passed. Well that was three years ago.

She professes to be very religious yet in my opinion she is messing with God's animals by intentionally mixing breeds and passing them off as she is. I also found something about her creating miniature cats. And ponies. I'm still trying to find a physical address.

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
i sent her an email for kicks because i was curious. i was polite.

this is what i received:

"Hello! What an unpleasant surprise to hear from you guys as always! :O)

You guys are from the batch of unbalanced folks that put dogs before people right? Oh and the ones that are totally fine with people breeding the "pure" (by the way the purebred came from breeders "mixing" until it became pure......remember the days?) bred dog as long as it is pure bred.......Right. So we have giant, 120 lb goldens........90 lb goldens.......can you say bad hips and elbows anyone? Oh or should we talk about teperament and disposition.....do you know how many "pure" bred registered GOLDENS I have had to sort through just to find some suitable to be bred for my miniatures? Do we want to talk about the pure bred/inbred goldens? Do we want to talk about how they are DOG aggressive? Do we want to talk about how some states (like CA I hear) are considering the golden retriever to be at high risk for biting people? Pull your heads out of the sand! Wake up and realize that MANY people have totally flooded the market with "pure" bred crap! Then they sell them to brokers, puppies on the street for $250 or less....

So really......you think about it just for a minute......am "I" the one you want to keep blaming for your little "groups" problems?

"I" am sorting and building from only the good traits that the early goldens had. I sell my puppies as penthouse pets.....ON a spay/neuter contract which as you know greatly minimizes them ever being bred. So, why not look into cleaning your OWN house before trying to fix someone else?

Best of luck with that!
Wow. Unethical and nasty, too. I can't bring myself to visit her Web site. My stomach is doing flip-flops just reading about this person.

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
Google is a good thing. Looked up her phone number and found more info on a classified ad (removed the phone number though). I always question breeders who take credit cards and paypal...

$900.00

- Breed: Mini Goldendoodle
- Ages: new born
- Color: Cream Light gold
- Weight: 15-35 lbs

Angel and Skip had a litter of beautiful f1-b mini goldendoodle puppies on May 7, 2009. Puppies are born in the house, well socialized, 1st shot, wormed. Will be sweet little babies. Should mature between 15-35 lbs. Males and females available. Discount for local pick up! Shipping is available though.

Shannon Halvorsen (Roundup, Montana)
Visit website E-mail

Buy safely. Escrow service.

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Charming.

I wish there was actually something that could be done about these heartless,
money grubbing and pathetic people.
Who would we call to report this - a humane society? It doesn't sound like she really lives in an area that has animal control as we do in populated areas.

She has corresponded with one of the yahoo email group ladies and of course she is defending herself and her first email was quoting bible verses but not answering any questions. (I don't mean any disrespect by that comment.)

She did, however, mention "having six litters of pups in our small cabin." Doesn't sound like great conditions in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
She did, however, mention "having six litters of pups in our small cabin." Doesn't sound like great conditions in my opinion.
That may be considered "hoarding" and could be illegal on her state. It would be one way of shutting her down. Depending on the conditions and the state laws, could be considered a Puppy Mill too.

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
From Rimrock Humane Society:

How to Report Animal Cruelty

If you suspect animal cruelty, please call the Musselshell County Sheriff's Department (406-323-1402) and notify them of your concerns (the Sheriff is the acting Humane Officer in this county). All calls to the Sheriff are kept strictly confidential. They will, in turn, send a Deputy to the residence and evaluate the situation. If neglect is apparent, a citation will be written. A re-check will occur and if the owners are still in violation, appropriate action will be taken. The Deputy or Sheriff will call us in as a consultant, if the animal needs to be removed from the situation or if the owner is open to education in regards to responsible pet ownership.

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks for that info, that's what I found too, to contact the Sheriff's department.

I was just looking on the HSUS sight and it says to contact local law authorities if you suspect abuse.

I'm still working on this. I'm on a mission now.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
"#3) DO NOT
Limit your puppies food!!!!! Limiting a puppies food will cause long term phsychological issues for your puppy/dog. This causes your puppy to always be hungry, never full. A hungry puppy is more likely to eat faster, eat more, over eat, become a lifetime glutton, protect or guard its food for fear that it won't have enough, be more edgy throughout the day......can get aggressive. DO NOT LIMIT your puppies food! If you have an adult dog that is well trained and it eats out of boredom.......TAKE IT FOR A WALK!!!!! Dogs should not have to "worry" about when or where their next meal is comming from."

The above quote is on their website. What in the world does this even mean? Keep feeding the puppy until it refuses food? I am so very sorry for these dogs. MyMaggiGirl, if you can get this woman shut down, you would be doing a great service to the animals.

·
Registered
306 Posts
she just sent me another email calling me blood thirsty, rude, and said i insulted her family because i said "i don't know how you can continuously justify breeding mutts and selling them for $900 a pop." i told her it's about the well being of dogs, not her family. mind you, nothing soothes my bored teenage mind like messing with some crazy on the internet. :p:

i recieved this:
"You think "I" need to take a step back? Not insulting me or my family? This is my life. This is what I am building. My kids are right along side me choosing the best stock "we" can. Going through temperament and disposition traits....looking at parental and grand parent health defects.....or LACK of.....we do this building together. You know nothing about the "health" or well being of ANY of my animals. Maybe you should take a step back and see that you are hurting people because you are rude, overbearing and want everyone else to conform to "your" way. I will never fit "your" mold. Think outside the box. This country was built by "individuals" not by robots all programmed to do and say the same thing. As far as I know....it is still a free country and "I" can still do what "I" believe in. You don't have to agree. That is your right. But if you feel that hurting others is an acceptable practice......then I feel for your loss as you must be a very sad person.

WOMAN IS A LUNATIC.

if anyone does intend on reporting her or doing even the slightest something, let me know where i can sign up.

·
Lucy & Dory's Mom
2,760 Posts
she just sent me another email calling me blood thirsty, rude, and said i insulted her family because i said "i don't know how you can continuously justify breeding mutts and selling them for $900 a pop." i told her it's about the well being of dogs, not her family. mind you, nothing soothes my bored teenage mind like messing with some crazy on the internet. :p:

i recieved this:
"You think "I" need to take a step back? Not insulting me or my family? This is my life. This is what I am building. My kids are right along side me choosing the best stock "we" can. Going through temperament and disposition traits....looking at parental and grand parent health defects.....or LACK of.....we do this building together. You know nothing about the "health" or well being of ANY of my animals. Maybe you should take a step back and see that you are hurting people because you are rude, overbearing and want everyone else to conform to "your" way. I will never fit "your" mold. Think outside the box. This country was built by "individuals" not by robots all programmed to do and say the same thing. As far as I know....it is still a free country and "I" can still do what "I" believe in. You don't have to agree. That is your right. But if you feel that hurting others is an acceptable practice......then I feel for your loss as you must be a very sad person.

WOMAN IS A LUNATIC.

if anyone does intend on reporting her or doing even the slightest something, let me know where i can sign up.

Geeze. She's as friendly as the ambulance chaser who called my phone at work last week, a few days after I had been the victim of a fender bender. I just casually called her what she was, and she got all crazy.

Frankly, when you call someone crazy, and they are crazy or worse, praying on ignorant people, then they usually get very angry and defensive because they deep down know they're in the wrong.

41 - 60 of 174 Posts