Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... I am new to this forum and have just started my search for my Golden puppy :)

I have been contacting breeders in Texas and was wondering if anyone has heard of MIMS Breeders from Cleburne, TX. They have a litter that I am considering. Would like to hear from anyone that has bought a puppy from this breeder. Their website (MIMS Dogz ~ Where we take our pets seriously) didn't provide much information, so I was hoping someone here could help me.

Thanks

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
They provide virtually NO information of any value and they breed mutts (they call them Designer Dogs).
I would look elsewhere and not wast any time with them.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hank and SunGold... I will look elsewhere.

And thanks for the links; I have already contacted a couple of breeders who were listed in the Austin Golden Retriever Club and am waiting to hear from them. I live in Dallas but I'm looking at all places around Texas.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Since you are in Dallas I'd contact the DFW Metro Golden Retriever Club (google it) for a list of member breeders.

The MIMS website doesn't have any health clearances on the parents and is woefully incomplete. You would be much better off with a breeder that can give you updated health clearances on both parents. The Mims website sends me a signal that this might be a BYB.

You can also Search this forum for Texaas breeders and find some threads about them.

Dallas/Ft Worth has 3 Golden Retriever rescues and you might find the perfect companion there.
www.grralliance.org
www.rescuegoldens.org
www.goldenretrievers.org

Good luck in your search!

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dallas Gold.

What would be the typical price for a purebred puppy? MIMS price was only $500, one of the reasons why I got my doubts and decided to ask a question here.

Is $1500 the average price in TX?

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
234 Posts
Andrea Stringer, Trailsend Goldens, a member of the Greater Houston Golden Retriever Club, just had a litter 12/7. 8 girls, 5 boys. the mom is Bliss, Ch Xcelerate Double Your Pleasure and the dad is Presto, Ch. Ventur Redog's Magic Hat Trick. Here's the website: Litter Plans

Ann
Dallas

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Andrea Stringer, Trailsend Goldens, a member of the Greater Houston Golden Retriever Club, just had a litter 12/7. 8 girls, 5 boys. the mom is Bliss, Ch Xcelerate Double Your Pleasure and the dad is Presto, Ch. Ventur Redog's Magic Hat Trick. Here's the website: Litter Plans

Ann
Dallas
Hello Ann,

Thanks for the DFW Golden link and the info about Trailsend Goldens; will get in touch with them.

I actually contacted a couple of other breeders, submitted the puppy application. I heard back from them acknowledging the app, but I don't know yet if I made their wait-list. I was not sure if I should keep mailing/calling them; don't wanna be too pushy. So well, any advice on how often one can try to contact the breeder, in the initial stages?

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I've heard great things about Xcelerate. I recently attended a dog show in Dallas and saw some beautiful dogs from the following kennels: Ducat, Schoolhouse, Razzle, Tempo, Bravo, Scion. I think if you google these names + Golden Retrievers you can find their websites easily enough.

I'm not sure about what good reputable breeders charge (we've only adopted rescue dogs). You will pay about $300 for a young fully vetted Golden from a local Golden Rescue group if you decide to go that route. Senior dogs (over age 7 or 8) are usually a little less through rescue groups.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts