Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Milestone!

630 23
I am a few days late, but last week, we finally reached that important milestone: 12 months since Shala's last chemo treatment with no regrowth of the tumour. It means the chance of regrowth is now WAY down. It means the chemo, which was so hard on my poor girl, worked. It did what it was supposed to do. It is such a huge relief. We all know this breed is prone to cancer, but it is still always a shock when it happens, and I think, especially when it comes in the single-digit ages (Shala was only a little over 8 years old when I found the little lump).

But here she is today! 9-1/2 years old, healthy and happy (still looking as serious as ever! lol). But trust me, she enjoyed this way-too-early snow as much as I enjoyed watching her run and roll in it today. I love this girl so much. 馃А

Dog Snow Dog breed Carnivore Liver
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Kristy
This calls for a celebration for sure. What a gorgeous photo. It makes me SO happy that you and Shala have been a success story. It seems we get so few. I can't think of a pair who is more deserving of extra time together. She is my kind of girl. Enjoy your holidays.

Registered
So incredibly happy for you and for Shala!! A truly thankful Thanksgiving (though yours was in October!)!!!!

Reactions: Sweet Girl

Super Moderator
I鈥檓 so happy for you and Shala!!! I鈥檓 so, so, SO glad that the chemo worked, I remember how hard that was for you both. Here鈥檚 to hoping you get many more years with your girl!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all - and for all the support when she was going through her surgery and chemo. It means the world. I'm so lucky to have her.

Premium Member
That's so fantastic! I'm happy to hear you've had success with finding a great chemo vet and getting great therapy.

Registered
Ramses
Shala's so beautiful and majestic 馃榾... She doesn't look at all 9.5 years old! I'm sorry she had to go through such tough treatments.. Wishing Shala many more cancer free years and the best of health for years to come...馃槉

Registered
I am a few days late, but last week, we finally reached that important milestone: 12 months since Shala's last chemo treatment with no regrowth of the tumour. It means the chance of regrowth is now WAY down. It means the chemo, which was so hard on my poor girl, worked. It did what it was supposed to do. It is such a huge relief. We all know this breed is prone to cancer, but it is still always a shock when it happens, and I think, especially when it comes in the single-digit ages (Shala was only a little over 8 years old when I found the little lump).

But here she is today! 9-1/2 years old, healthy and happy (still looking as serious as ever! lol). But trust me, she enjoyed this way-too-early snow as much as I enjoyed watching her run and roll in it today. I love this girl so much. 馃А

View attachment 897923
CONGRATULATIONS SWEET GIRL 馃馃

1 - 20 of 24 Posts