Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunter is twenty months old now and I think the time has come. Twice today he has marked/peed in the house. Once very close to my jacket when no one was looking (I know it was him because it wasn't a single puddle) and the second time we were all sitting in the living room near dh's feet, just lifted the leg without warning - normally he would pace from the door to the living room a few times and bring a shoe or something else from near the door as a sign that it's time to go out. This is the second or third time that this has happened in the past month or two. No other problems. I was reading some of the older posts and it seems that it may help. I would appreciate hearing people's thoughts/experiences on this. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Since he has already started marking, neutering most likely won't totally fix the problem, although 20 months is a perfectly acceptable age to neuter. I would just work on correcting him when you catch him in the act. If you see him start to lift his leg somewhere or catch him in the process of marking, give him a quick "ah ah!" or "no-no!"

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Bleeker learned the other day it is not in his best intrest to mark in my house. LOL I would agree 20 months is plenty but I would still give him holy heck for that. You will probably have to continue with that after he is nuetered.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will make sure to do some form of correction if I catch him. I think he got a "Hunter - NO! What the hell are you doing?" DH thought I was crazy til he learned his feet were in the line of fire. LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts