1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice?.
He,just,turned a year old!.
He's a golden mix(50%GR & 50% Poodle).
Has no basic training,loves to swim,very loving,high energy and VERY rowdy!.
His 2nd home might fall through (to no fault of his or theirs) as they are looking for a new home and they dont know if they will accept him!.
My wish/plan would be to make him a failed foster but it's not done as my DH is not quite ready,for another dog and wanted more of a puppy!.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I think it would be great if you foster him! That's one of the benefits to fostering, if you fall in love, you can become a foster failure. If he doesn't end up being a good fit, you can adopt him out.

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Agree w/ foster mom - I'm a twice-failed foster (honest--I have fostered where they have gone on to great homes)! From your description, I think you're pretty much getting a puppy and your DH might think twice about going younger. Here's keeping fingers crossed that he falls in love with him--I know my DH has fallen for both of our "failures" (LOL) and is great with both of them.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I think it is a win/win situation. In fact he sounds like a puppy with needing training but you dont have to go thru the potty training and late night potty trips. Hopefully your hubby will fall in love with him and you will become a failed foster.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I've never fostered because I would fail every time. Well, honestly I am full up and DH won't agree to fostering because he is afraid I would just keep him/her.

I hope it works out well and, if you want to, I hope you get to keep Obie. He and Titus have a great time together. I can tell.:)

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Go for it! I wanted to foster, but we're not doing too well right now. Also, even if you can't be a failed foster, just think... that just opens your home to MORE foster dogs!!

But still try to talk hubby into it. ;) I know if MY hubby just saw the dog he'd be all for it. LOL.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see you avoided saying "golden doodle". Pictures!! If you get him. Good luck if you decide to foster!!
I've never been a goldendoodle fan and I'm particularly happy,he looks and behaves,mostly,like a golden!.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:
Obie is coming home,in the next 3 or 4 days so that His Mom & Dad can move quietly and I will take loads of pictures!.
He will stay the time needed,for them to move!.
His dad is keeping him cos he was able to find places allowing cats/dog so I'm glad for both of them!.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I hope you and Titus have a great time with yur houseguest. I am looking forward to some pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts