Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kate
21,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michigan Winter Dog Classic

I know there's a lot of people on this forum who are here in Michigan - or are in the Ontario and OH area - and most people already KNOW about this show! But worth posting anyway since this is a pretty big show that completely showcases all facets of involved dog ownership.

Good chunk of the show is conformation - and since there's not a lot of stuff going on in neighboring states, this means we get exhibitors (dogs and handlers) from all over the midwest and even further out.

I'll resist name dropping here, but have met a lot of GRF members through shows like this... and have also had the fortune of meeting nice dogs sent out by other members. It puts a face with the name, so to speak. :)

Besides conformation, there is a pretty big agility show running alongside.

If you walk into the show, the conformation section is basically straight up the middle.

Obedience has been moved around a lot at this show - it will either be to the far left "above" the grooming... or it will be to the far right, below agility.

Agility has a huge ring to the far right side - and I believe this is where the "my dog can do that too" (you get to run your dog through a very easy agility ring, I believe) stuff will take place.

Wrapping around the conformation rings - you have all of the vendors. And believe me, if you are not coming to see dogs... come for the vendors! o_O This is where you want to shop for shampoos, brushes, combs, shears, collars, treats... and odds and ends. :)

If you can't come out - then option would be checking around the website for video. From what I hear, they will be filming. <= I hope that's not every ring, because I'm showing a puppy who has never been in a handling class and goodness knows what definition of "gaiting" he will do! :laugh:

·
Registered
21,106 Posts
We won't be there, but I think a couple of Tito tots will!

Reactions: Megora

·
Registered
21,106 Posts
There may be a girl from a different litter, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts