Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mia's mom
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mia is getting spayed tomorrow. I am a little nervous for her and me. I know she will have to wear the cone of shame as I call it because she is the type that would chew at her stitches. It is going to be very difficult to keep her calm. She loves to jump and run around with her sister. I think I am going to ask the vet for something that will keep here setteled at least for a few days. I just pray that everything will turn out okay.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I will keep Mia in my thoughts. I'm sure she'll do fine. I haven't used them but I see some members here use the soft cones to help their goldens be more comfortable. Please let us know how things went.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Hoping Mia's spay goes alright! I definitely know what you mean about keeping them quiet... I am at least fortunate enough that I went back to school with only Beamer after his neuter instead of staying at home where he would play with Sadie all the time.

·
Mia's mom
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your good wishes. Mia is doing just fine. Hard to keep her quiet though. The vet gave us some pills to keep her clam and I gave her half of one as he directed and I felt so bad for her. She slept most of the day which is what she needs but she was very sorrowful looking and wobbly.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I'm sure she is going to feel 100% better in a day or two.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
How is Mia doing? Is she up and around, did they prescribe any pain meds? Sorry, just want to know she is up and going and soon back to her mischef making.

Mia, stay down for a few days and be good for your Mom.

·
Jill -- Maisie's "Mom"
563 Posts
How's Mia?

Just wondering how she's doing. I hope she's getting back to normal. I think Masie was spayed the same day. We're still giving her the prescribed painkillers (just as a precaution), but she's almost too bouncy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts