Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was suggested to me to post here and I thought I would give it a try.

I am looking for a "lab" puppy, my next golden is about a year away. Anyway, I am planning to attend the Omega Farm field test (don't know who is hosting) in September, hoping I can talk to people. However in the mean time, I was also wondering if anyone on this category might know some breeders to look at? You can PM me the thoughts if you want.

I want a high drive, energy, smaller black female. My primary focus is agility but the qualities needed are the same as for field tests. Any help even if it just leads me elsewhere is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
bumping up....any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
My uncle has gotten his last couple of dogs from breeders recommended by Huron River Labrador Club. My aunt doesn't remember the breeders names but they have been happy with them. The last 2 came from different breeders and names were not important they just wanted a good hunting dog.

http://www.huronriverlrc.com/

·
the party's crashing us
4,582 Posts

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to thank you folks for all your help! Yes retriever training is a great site, I check it often. Thanks too for all the PM's. You folks are great.

I have a couple good leads on breeders. We are talking fairly regularly with the breeders. One is in WI the other in MI. We hope to have a decision when we return from Labrador Nationals next week, if we don't meet some new ones who spark our interest.

I also want to say we may let Teddi try her paw in hunt tests. We went to a couple and they look like so much fun. We have a lot of training to do, and I don't know if she will or won't play but preparing is fun too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.