Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the AFTD-2, but Murphy is getting so big now that he is hard to handle. Added to that, he is not very fond of the dryer. So, I have been thinking about purchasing the cage adapter. (For my coton de tulear, all I have to do is hook the grooming piece onto her cage and she get dry in about 15 mins). But that would never work for murphy because he is in a much bigger cage and the groomer tool doesn't spread air enough for anything bigger than my coton. And Murphy just moves around so that the air is not hitting him.:banghead:
Does anyone know if the adapters really spread the air flow out enough to dry a golden? If so, I will buy it in a heartbeat. If not, what do you all suggest for cage drying. Since I have already spent so much on the AFTD-2, I would love it if someone can suggest another way to spread the air flow AND attach it to the cage.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a table, and have been walking him into my double walk through shower.
Here I use the hand held sprayer to bathe him (which he likes) and also finish up drying him there. At least thats what I have always done. But lately he has gotten so strong that my back is killing me by the time I get him dry. Even if I leash him to my waist, there is constant tention from him that makes drying him a chore for both of us. If I let go for one second, he goes for an escape.
Cage drying will blow the hair into flips and it will stick up all over.
Gee, I have been getting this lately, but thought that it was just his fur getting waves. I usually, mist with conditioner and use a slicker brush to smooth it, and follow up with hair dryer for the heat. Anyhow, I can live with some flipping if I was just able to cage dry his stuborn hide. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts