1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm here! When does the fun start???

Are you really making me pose? Sheesh!

Finally we're doing something fun!

Yeah!!! I can dig without anyone telling me to stop!

I tried to teach Duke how to do the "lazy dig", but he wasn't interested. What's wrong with him anyway!! *Dalmations*

I met this cute girl who found me stuff to chew on....who doesn't love to chew on stinky fishy stuff? I had her wrapped around my paw!

Mom took me to the 4wd only beach to see the wild horses, but I think I scared them all away. She was sad!

But at least we saw a pretty sunrise and a neat lighthouse

I watched my dad fish....but it got kind of boring. So I dug some more!

And played with Duke some more too!

We saw every sunset, but they all looked the same to me......boring!

Before I knew it the week was over and I was SO tired I slept for two days when I got home. I hope we go back next year! :bowl: It sure was fun!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Wow what a great spot of a golden vacation. Merlin does look like he enjoyed every second of it. I'm sure he can't wait to get back to there (after a good long nap at home, that is)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It looks like it was the best vacation. We are so jealous of you. Merlin really was having alot of fun digging and I love the lazy digging. The sunset and sunrise pictures are amazing and I would blow those up and frame them. I bet Merlin will have his bag packed for next year's vacation.

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,684 Posts
What beautiful pictures, Merlin looks like he had a great time - no wonder he slept so long when he got home..

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Great pictures. Looks like he knows how to spend a vacation: all fun, no work; being lazy; and doing things he doesn't get to do at home. That's what a vacation is all about.

I think the sunsets are beautiful!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Wonderful pictures! :) I'm sure it was lots of fun! Loll! I love the pics where he is digging holes in the sand! Reminds me of Molly! :p:

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Looks like great fun! I can see why Merlin slept for two days! I'm glad you all had a good time.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Looks like you had a great time too. Ike enjoyed digging, but while lying on his side. We had the whole beach to ourselves, looks like you did too. I love the OBX in September, there's room to roam on the beach without the dogs bothering sunbathers. I can't wait for next years vacation either....I wanna go back now!

You know, the week prior to our vacations, the weather was horrid. The week we were there was gorgeous wasn't it?!!

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Lucky lucky Merlin - looks like he had a brilliant time - did he get to go in the water???

·
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like you had a great time too. Ike enjoyed digging, but while lying on his side. We had the whole beach to ourselves, looks like you did too. I love the OBX in September, there's room to roam on the beach without the dogs bothering sunbathers. I can't wait for next years vacation either....I wanna go back now!

You know, the week prior to our vacations, the weather was horrid. The week we were there was gorgeous wasn't it?!!
We were VERY lucky with the weather!! Glad Ike had a good time too! :)

I was surprised though, that the beaches were so crowded where we were! A LOT of people after about 10 am.

·
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lucky lucky Merlin - looks like he had a brilliant time - did he get to go in the water???
He did get to go in the water, but the seas were pretty rough for us that week so it was only a few times. He didn't go in even when he was offleash except just in the shallow breaks. Well, except for once when he chased another dog going after a toy. It scared the heck out of me when a wave broke over his head. We didn't go near the guy again when he was out with his dog. The man thought I was over-reacting, but I *know* I wasn't! :no:

The beach in Duck was not good for swimming at all. There was a deep trough right off the beach, then it got shallow again further out. It made for some big waves so it was hard to get in the water without getting knocked on your butt (lost my sunglasses! LOL!). Plus the red flags were out most of the week anyway.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
We were VERY lucky with the weather!! Glad Ike had a good time too! :)

I was surprised though, that the beaches were so crowded where we were! A LOT of people after about 10 am.
I'll have to make a thread with my pics to show you how empty our beaches were. Of course, we were quite a bit south of you. We went to the Sound also. There were people there, though not very many.
We walked the beach every morning and passed a few people and other dogs, but the middle of the day was nearly barren for as far as the eye could see. Again, we stayed in Avon.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Oh, I missed these! More OBX:)

Merlin really resembles my Sadie girl....

The 4WD beach is great...we went for the 1st time last year.

And yes! Come South next time! Avon to Buxton is my favorite area.
Wonderful pics and handsome family you have there!

·
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh, I missed these! More OBX:)

Merlin really resembles my Sadie girl....

The 4WD beach is great...we went for the 1st time last year.

And yes! Come South next time! Avon to Buxton is my favorite area.
Wonderful pics and handsome family you have there!
Thanks! :) We will look into that area next time for sure! There's an OBX forum I found that was a great help in making our plans. They have tons of pictures and a section dedicated to vintage photos and the history of the area. Great site, lots of locals for info!

http://www.obxconnection.com/outer-banks-message-board/index.php

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I have a book...I believe it's called OBX "Driving Directions"....it starts right at Oregon Inlet and takes you through Ocracoke. Timed perfectly for the speed limit it seems, it gives history, stories, turn-offs you can take for historical sites. Really cool stuff:).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts