Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thank you for your service. My Dad was a WWII veteran and each and every Memorial Day as kids we went to parades first and then to cemeteries to spruce up some veterans' graves as a small way of saying thanks.

My Dad has been gone for nearly 10 years but I still do this to honor him and others. Heading out to buy some flowers and then to a local cemetery.

God Bless those who served. We remember.

·
Kristy
9,291 Posts
This weekend, like many other days, I fly my flag and sit on my front porch and am grateful for the view of it framed in the sunset. And I hope that if I pray long enough the ones who were lost will hear my gratitude. I know it will never repay their widows or their children, but maybe they will know how thankful I am to be an American.

·
Puddles
3,663 Posts
My dad was in Korea and no longer with us. My brother served in Vietnam, My son served in Desert Storm as did my daughter... both in the Navy.
I was one of the lucky moms, both my kids came home, all in one piece.

Thanks to all those that served and their families. Prayers to all the young men and women that are currently serving. May all of you come home safe!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I'm a veteran here too, and served as a pediatrician in the Navy. I specifically think of the children of service members who have given the ultimate sacrifice. These children bear an incredible burden and the more we show our appreciation, the more they feel that their parent's sacrifice wasn't in vain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts