Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 3 years old golden, Melina has been whimpering excessively for 3 days now. She always has been very needy and active looking for attention everytime she can.

She got fleas and we treated with a special powder for dogs. Since then she doesnt stop to whimp! All the time, if she's outside or inside of the house...she just doesnt stop.

At the beggining I was afraid that she got intoxicated with the flea treatment but, she doesnt seem to be sick.

It is her new way to attires our attention?? What can I do?

Thanks!

e.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
That is oftentimes a signal that she's in pain... I would take her in to the vet for a check and also would probably give her a bath to rid her of the flea medication. The topical frontline, Advantix are much safer and effective than the older powders.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I would definitely get her checked at the vet. Pups don't cry that much for no reason.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I would assume the flea powder. I just wouldn't take chances.....

I did grow up with a dog that realized limping brought attention. He would horribly limp...struggling across the floor in front of us....and then when he reached the hallway and thought he was out of our sight he'd land on all four and trot off normally.

·
Registered
16,975 Posts
Buy her a new car it worked for my 16 year old daughter the whiner.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Buy her a new car it worked for my 16 year old daughter the whiner.
That's funny Hooch:) In our family, it was my son...a much younger version, of course...and we used to sing "Whiny Boy" to the tune of Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl." He'd get soooo mad. Worked though, he stopped whining and is a very laid back adult.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I agree with everyone else to take her to the vet and get her bathed and checked out by the vet. It sounds like the meds are irritating her and also not working for the problem. Also if she has fleas you need to make sure you treat the yard and house in addition to her. You might have to do it more than once iin the house and yard because of the cycle of the egss hatching. Good luck and let us know what they say.

OH yeah Welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts