Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t believe its 5 years today my Meggie Peg has been at the bridge.
Never a day goes by without me thinking of Meggie some dogs just get into your heart and she was one of them.
It just never gets any easier i still feel the pain like its only just happened I don’t think it will ever go away or not till we meet at the bridge and are together again for ever never to be parted again.
I used to love Christmas but I don’t anymore you and Sadie used to make Christmas so special for me you loved your presents and your Christmas dinner.
But I do have funny and very fond memories of like the time I lost you in the woods.
Good old Sadie was by my side I keep saying try and find Meggie we were running through the woods shouting your name I was getting frantic I didn’t know I could run so fast.
Then I stopped to get my breath and said to Sadie where is Meggie I looked behind me and there you were looking at me as much to say I am here what’s the matter.
Sweet Dreams Meggie Peg i know Sadie will look after you she loved you as much as i did.

I ONLY WANTED YOU
They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again

Attachments

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Awww, she was so special. I had to smile at your 'lost' in the woods story too. Many times I can't find Penny when all I have to do is turn around.

((((hugs)))) to you on this special day for your special girl.:smooch:

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
MeggiePeg

MeggiePeg

What a beauty YOU ARE!!

Please have fun with my Smooch and Snobear!

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
What a beautiful post about your wonderful little girl. The poem brought tears to my eyes.

Also have lost a dog, and found them right behind me wondering what my problem was??

It never gets easy does it? My prayers are with you and know she has many friends at the bridge with her to play with.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Maggie, Sending you and Ray hugs today, I know that Meg and Sadie will always watch over you and your gang

THEY WILL NOT GO QUIETLY, THE DOGS WHO HAVE SHARED OUR LIVES. IN SUBTLE WAYS THEY LET US KNOW THEIR SPIRIT STILL SURVIVES.

OLD HABITS STILL MAKE US THINK WE HEAR THEM AT THE DOOR. OR STEP BACK WHEN WE DROP A TASTY MORSEL ON THE FLOOR.

OUR FEET STILL GO AROUND THE PLACE THE FOOD DISH USED TO BE, AND SOMETIMES COMING HOME LATE AT NIGHT, WE MISS THEM TERRIBLY.

AND ALTHOUGH TIME MAY BRING NEW FRIENDS, AND A NEW FOOD DISH TO FILL, THAT ONE PLACE IN OUR HEARTS BELONG TO THEM…… AND IT ALWAYS WILL

Sleep softly Meg

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed and very dear. - Unknown

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words i miss my Meggie Peg so much like Sadie she was one very special dog.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hugs to you on this sad Anniversary. I know how hard this day will be. I hope you find comfort in your memories and they bring a smile rather than a tear.

It will be 5 years on Jan 8th that my Sam left...and it still feels like yesterday.
I know what you mean Paula i was out with Charlie this morning on one of Megs favorite walks and was thinking so much about her.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I know that my Beau is giving Miss Megs lots of kisses. My heart goes out to you, I know your pain. Your tribute is beautiful.

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
It is we humans that are handicapped & unaware. Meggie is still with you ~ we just lack the sight to see. She watches over you daily & awaits the guaranteed reunion.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is we humans that are handicapped & unaware. Meggie is still with you ~ we just lack the sight to see. She watches over you daily & awaits the guaranteed reunion.
Thanks Steve its the reunion that keeps me going

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your Meggie sure was a beautiful and special girl. I can see why she wrapped her paws around your heart.
Thanks she was a very special dog she was like a cat with 9 lives she had so many health problems but always seamed to bounce back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts