Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a day early but Meg you have been on my mind all day,

Its 3 years today since you went to the Bridge and never a day goes by where I don't think of you and all the good times we had together you Sadie and me.
Your Sadie used to look after you although you were the older dog Sadie just had to mother you and look after you.

I still day good morning to the portrait of the two of you over the fire place when I get up in the morning i just love looking at it and just wish you where both still with me.

I was so lucky to have had you even if not for not for as many years as I would have liked I took you at nearly 6 years and lost you just 3 weeks short of your 13th birthday we really had some good times and I think of them now more than the sad times although I still shed tears when I think of you.

And now your Sadie is at the bridge with you and I know she is looking after you like she always used to so i know your ok and Sadie is happy to be with you again.

Sweet dreams sweetheart we will meet again one day never to be parted again

High On Whispered Wings

"High on whispered wings I fly
a radiant star, I light the sky.
Toward the sun I soar so free,
a brilliant rainbow follows me.
I pulsate through your very soul
and in my paws your heart I hold.
The day will come when you'll fly too,
I'll be here then to welcome you.
Until the time we meet again
I won't journey far my friend.
For in your love I live so free,
a brilliant rainbow guiding me.”

Attachments

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Maggie I know the anniversaries are so hard, I hope you can find some comfort in the memories. She is with you now especially watching over you with the tattoo which I love. She is up there playing with my Beau and Ben. (((((HUGS)))))

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Carol and Steve as you know i loved that girl so much.

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Just to say I hadn't forgot and that I will be thinking of you on Meg's 3rd anniversary. I think thats a lovely comforting verse.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to say I hadn't forgot and that I will be thinking of you on Meg's 3rd anniversary. I think thats a lovely comforting verse.
Thanks Patsy still find it so hard

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Anniversaries are very bittersweet - you want to focus on the memories and the joy they brought you, but you can't help but think of how you miss them and remember how hard their passings were. I don't remember the exact day my horse Charlie died, I purposely forgot it, but I do find myself getting very moody, depressed and really missing him at the same time of year - every year when this happens I look at the calender, and sure enough it's the week he passed. He died in 2002, and I still miss him.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
(((((((hugs)))))))

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Dear Maggie,
I know your sweet Meg is also thinking of you on this anniversary. Your tears are from the love you shared together, your tribute to her was just beautiful.
June

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I'm sure Meg will be looking down on you and smiling.

Run free and sleep softly Meg

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for your kind words what would i do without this site to know how much people cared.

·
she'll always be the one
2,452 Posts
Your devotion to your Meg and Sadie is so very touching. Hugs to you sweet Maggie. I know the pain is there, but you also share the joy they brought you, and it would never hurt so much without first having that deep joy.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your devotion to your Meg and Sadie is so very touching. Hugs to you sweet Maggie. I know the pain is there, but you also share the joy they brought you, and it would never hurt so much without first having that deep joy.
Thanks Cindy both Meg and Sadie were my true heart dogs i love all my dogs but there is just that special bond between us.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Aww, Maggie, when you love that much, the sorrow of missing them will always be there. Hugs to you on this anniversary. Know that your Meg, and Sadie, are smiling down on you and laughing at the antics your current two create, especially naughty Charlie:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts