Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am new to the forum it has been a godsend all the usefull advice on here. Wilson is now 12 weeks and he has been brilliant he is almost housetrained he's had the odd accident here and there but that's been my fault not being quick enough to the back door to let him out.
I have just one concern is that when he's playing he seems to go over quite a lot he's front wrist seem to buckle under him I don't know if it's him being clumsy or maybe there something up. He seems to walk ok it's mostly when he runs after a ball or a toy they seem to go under him.
Here are a few pics of him and once again brilliant forum.
Regards Bryan.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Wilson is adorable. I'm not sure about the playing but Bentley used to do somersaults when he was Wilson's age. It was usually over his soccer ball or when something rolled under him. Does it seem like that? Maybe just talk to your vet to be on the safe side.

·
Kristy
9,792 Posts
Oh what a face... Wilson is a heartbreaker :) Please talk to the vet if you are concerned, it's better to ask too many questions at those puppy checkups than not enough. Just take notes on how often you notice and the scenarios so you can give specific details to the vet at the next checkup. Sounds like it's not hurting him, right?

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
He's cute...there's no doubt about that...great name, Wilson, how'd you happen to come up with that?

Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He doesn't seem to be in pain. I think I will get him to the vets just to be on the safe side.
The name Wilson came from the ball in the film castaway. We quite liked it.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Oh! Mr Wilson is just the cutiest little one. I think you can never be too cautious when it comes to our babies and would talk to your Vet, but he looks fine, in fact he has the most kissable face. Welcome to the forum, lots to learn here and great people.

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
The name Wilson came from the ball in the film castaway. We quite liked it.
That's the first thing I thought of LOL He's adorable!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Wilson

Wilson is SO ADORABLE!!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
He is very cute! Welcome to you and Wilson!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
What a beautiful puppy and really cool name! Congrats!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
No advice but oh my goodness, Wilson is just adorable. Have you checked out the UK group. Click on community and social groups and you'll find us lot. Although we're in Leicestershire, Hector who is 19 months old is a Suffolk pup:wave:

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
Welcome to you and Wilson to the forum!!! Wilson is adorable.... Whenever I hear the name Wilson, I automatically think of Castaway!!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,555 Posts
Congratulations, Wilson is adorable, he's going to be a beautiful golden boy.

Love seeing all these new puppies on the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just another quick question. As of Saturday he is allowed out for a walk we have been taking him out for around 10 mins in the morning and the same in the evening is this an ok amount to do? It's only at a slow pace I have read different opinions of how to exercise them one says to walk them untill they are tired and one says to not do anything untill they are 6 months old.
Many thanks for the kind replys here's a pic of him in land shark mode.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Walking on the lead we worked on 5 minutes for each month they've been alive and then free off lead running/playing so long as it was on soft ground. So at 4 months Hector would be getting 10 minute walk to the park. A short charge around on the grassy area then 10 minute walk back. We'd also play in the garden with him but wouldn't force it. Sometimes we'd do like you're doing and split his time into 2 on lead walks round the block.

ETA: We based the 5 minute per month till he was 12 months old.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts