Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We are from the England, UK 馃嚞馃嚙.
Found this fantastic forum, lots of great advice/info so thought we would join.
Here鈥檚 Ted, my 22 month old GR. We adopted him from South West GR club 4 months ago. Early February.
He鈥檚 got quiet a character, he鈥檚 our resident comedian. When he鈥檚 not lying around chilling he is very playful sometimes a bit boisterous.
He has responded well to our training but we were hoping to get him into adult dog training classes but then the lockdown happened. He doesn鈥檛 have any major issues but I want to do right by him and be a responsible owner so this forum is very helpful especially in the current socially distant times.
So thanks GR forum.

Attachments

Welcome. Ted is so handsome. He's that lovely creamy golden color that I've heard is quite common in the UK. My girl is dark, we call her our red headed child! lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. Ted is so handsome. He's that lovely creamy golden color that I've heard is quite common in the UK. My girl is dark, we call her our red headed child! lol
Hi, I think that golden red colour is beautiful. We rescued him so didn鈥檛 get a choice in colour. Yes seems in the UK that the dark colour is more likely in the working lines while the pale cream is prominent in the show lines. Ted鈥檚 colour has been admired lately by women trying to achieve the same colour with home hair dye kits in lockdown!

Hi, I think that golden red colour is beautiful. We rescued him so didn鈥檛 get a choice in colour. Yes seems in the UK that the dark colour is more likely in the working lines while the pale cream is prominent in the show lines. Ted鈥檚 colour has been admired lately by women trying to achieve the same colour with home hair dye kits in lockdown!
We love Honey's color, it was exactly what we hoped for when we picked her out.
I enjoyed the comment about Ted's color being admired by women!

Super Moderator Leader
Ted鈥檚 colour has been admired lately by women trying to achieve the same colour with home hair dye kits in lockdown!
That's funny..........when you reach a certain age, it comes naturally.

Registered
Hi and welcome from another South West of England member!. Ted is gorgeous, love his colour, I always used to say that I'd love my hair to be a light Golden Retriever blonde too!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Hi and welcome from another South West of England member!. Ted is gorgeous, love his colour, I always used to say that I'd love my hair to be a light Golden Retriever blonde too!!
Hi! Great to meet another SW England member. We are in Dorset. Quite a few GR鈥檚 around our way. Are you further along in the south west? Ted was a Bristolian boy before we adopted him. Shame we don鈥檛 know the breeder his original owner got him from.

Registered
Dorset is beautiful, I'm in Torquay, Devon, Fawlty Towers Country!.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts