Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter and bf rescued sweet Sailor two weeks ago, they lost out on adopting 3 before him, but they are tickled pink with their new addition...He's two yrs old, and shepherd/border collie mix... his name was Sherlock, but they changed it to Sailor, which he took to immediately.....Nitro and Nash have fallen in love with him too!!!!!

Attachments

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Sailor is a Very pretty little one. You can see personality in his face. Your family is beautiful and what a wonderful Christmas present. Hope you keep us updated on his progress, but he looks like one happy fellow.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sailor

I love Sailor-he is precious and beautiful!!
Wow!
So glad that Sailor has a loving family and that they have a loving dog!!

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sailor was kept in a cage for the most part of his first two years....he didnt know how to run, which he has now learned :p::p: and he didnt know how to play....he got lots of toys for Christmas, he was a little overwhelmed with Nitro and Nash opening their presents, but he finally joined in....and he just got a life vest, since they have a boat, and they plan on taking him boating in the summer!!!! His coat looks sooo much better since they've had him on some meds, he had a little mange, or some flea problems....

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Bless their hearts for not giving up on rescue!! It is tough to 'miss out' but I do believe in 'meant to be'. So wonderful that Sailor has landed himself such a very special home, where he can learn to love, be loved and above all - 'be a dog'!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Oh, he's beautiful. Congrats!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is just gorgeous. Such personality in his face and those ears are so just adorable. Bless them for sticking it out and adopting from a rescue. The joys in watching him blossom are just so exciting. Everytime I see one of my fosters blossom just makes me smile.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Look at those bright eyes! What a handsome dog :) Sailor is a very lucky guy :D

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sailor

So excited for Sailor and your daughter that Sailor finally has a home that treats him wonderfully! He must just love running!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts