Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Does Rusty have more golden traits or more poodle?
My sister has a tree farm and said someone had one to the farm last weekend.
She said the dog was very well behaved and very pretty.
Welcome to you and Rusty!
Karen

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It doesnt matter what kind of dog you have here on the forum. We do have strong people that breed them intentionally but we always love the dogs. Rusty is a cutie. We have another member here that has a goldendoodle and he looks very different from your guy. Glad you have joined us. The more the merrier.

Can you tell us more about his personality? His buddy in your signature picture?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rusty is an awesome dog. He is very very smart, and learns fast. He is mellow inside but full of energy when we play outside. Rusty does not shed, which is very nice because he is an inside dog. He does great around people and other dogs. I could not be more happy with him.

Rusty plays with the neighbors dogs all the time. It is nice to let them run around everyday and get the needed social interaction with each other. The other dog in the picture is a mix, but I am not sure exactly what breeds.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hello there! And welcome Rusty!

I have read many strong personal opinions from members here whom are really against the intentionally cross breeding of pure breeds. You can do a search on the discussion threads/posts to find out more. Interesting "debates" and perspectives.

I have a Golden named Z and a GoldenXPoodle named Koda. Z behaves like a cat; nonchalant, independent, self sufficient and dignified. Koda behaves like a typical goofy golden pup.

Rusty sounds like an awesome dog. Please post more pictures of Rusty.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Rusty is a cutie, please share more pictures and stories with us :)

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Rustie is adorable. Welcome to the forum :wavey:!!!

Z&mom: Koda is adorable, too. He reminds me of a white version of my grandchildrens' Bearded Collie.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Rusty is adorable. I am not too familiar with dog breeds but I have seen a few (2-3) goldendoodles and all of them seem to look compltely different. Rusty has a beautiful face! Welcome!

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Of course you are welcome! :)

Here's one of my Goldens' best friends at the park. He is a Goldendoodle also. His name is Conner. I think his owners told me he is only ten months old! He's HUGE!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
It is not uncommon for unconventional breeding/breeders, or poor breeders, to get an earful around here sometimes.

However, that is not addressed at the owner or the dog. Always keep that in mind :)

We accept all cutie pies here :)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Rusty is very cute, and looks like he's a lot of fun.
As others have noted, you are likely to see some very strong opinions on this forum if you search about doodles or designer dogs.
Please bear in mind the following is only MY personal opinion.
I would respectfully suggest that you post your photos, etc. of Rusty into the "other pets" section of the forum to avoid any conflicts. This is only a SUGGESTION. We all love dogs, but the purpose of this specific forum is to discuss golden retrievers. A lot of our members have golden crosses, or golden mixes, but these were not intentional breedings nor were the dogs sold for large sums of money as "designer dogs".
Many people on this forum have spent years and years researching and improving the golden retriever breed. It is understandable that they would want to keep the forum sections limited to discussions of the golden retreiver breed, or to people who have adopted or rescued golden retriever mixes or crosses.
I hope I have not made you feel unwelcome, I just want to help you post to the appropriate section of the forum so we can enjoy your photos and stories of Rusty.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
I think Rusty is ADORABLE!!! Id love to see more pictures of him and hear some stories!! Please dont let anyone scare you off.....you are VERY welcome here!

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Welcome to the board! Rusty is cute he has a very expressive face. He fur looks more poodlish than most I've seen, which probabky explains why he doesn't shed. Do you have to get him groomed like a poodle? Have you tried to grow his fur out?

I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more about Rusty. And I hope that you'll find some useful information here as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for the nice kind words.

We get Rusty groomed every couple of months. It is easier to keep him clean. I do a lot of hiking with Rusty and with long hair he is always bring the trail home with him.

You can always find more pictures on my blog.

Couple Pics from this weekend.

Picture of Rusty with longer hair when he was a puppy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts