Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Hoe previous. They are both adorable. That first pic should be framed.
Thank you! I love that photo too -- my husband made it his screen saver. I was mad I didn't get all of Abby's tail in it. Logan's face is so cute and pretty Abby is such a good girl about him.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Oh -- and I forgot -- yesterday I showed Logan the pool. If I didn't have the leash he would have jumped right in I think. lol He approves. I told him he had to wait because mommy does not want to jump in the cold water to show him the way out.

Sitting in the pool chair:

I think I was having issues getting all of Logan into the photos yesterday. lol

He was tugging when we were at the edge:

He can pick up Luke's big Chuck-It ball -- I'm sure Luke would give it to him:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you! He isn't too bitey -- yet. lol Not with me, at least. He and Abby are going at it.
Abby should help him with bite inhibition too. Our two were great at policing the biting behavior so the human bite marks were fewer. Lucy is still mouthy when she's excited, but never closes down enough to be a bite or leave a mark.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Abby should help him with bite inhibition too. Our two were great at policing the biting behavior so the human bite marks were fewer. Lucy is still mouthy when she's excited, but never closes down enough to be a bite or leave a mark.
Good. He's really doing well so far. He has barely done it to me and it's more gentle.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Oh! And I discovered Logan is perfectly okay with his kibble as treats for training. Brian (hubby) was impressed yesterday because I showed him Logan walking outside across the yard twice without treats. He stayed right beside me looking up at me. So smart! Such a good boy!

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Abby is in for a surprise when Logan out grows her. Rukie and my 12 pound Bichon still found a way to play. It was sometime scary to watch. It became more bitey face and less rolling on top or each other.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Abby is in for a surprise when Logan out grows her. Rukie and my 12 pound Bichon still found a way to play. It was sometime scary to watch. It became more bitey face and less rolling on top or each other.
Oh, Abby and Luke used to throw it down. I always wondered how he didn't hurt her, but he didn't. They were quite wild at times.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Good morning.

Logan had his first tummy issues last night.

He got his shots on Monday, so I'm not sure if this is a bit of a delayed reaction to what they put in his little body. He woke me around 12:15 throwing up. He just did it once then and it looked fluffy/not slimy like regurgitation a bit. I cleaned it up, took him out, and he went back to sleep. At 4:30 a.m., I woke up and, apparently, hadn't shut his crate all the way because I heard regurgitation noises again across the room. I thought it was Abby at first (it was dark in the room), but when I called her Logan came around the bed to me. He had thrown up twice a little, peed, and had runny poop. The throw up was again light brown with no slime and not a lot and the poop was pretty runny, but no blood. I took him out, cleaned all that up, gave him half a Propectalin and back to sleep he went. He's drinking water, eating, and hasn't seemed sick since. He played with Abby. He barely went potty this morning, but I figure he got all of that out.

Sorry if that was all too detailed, but I assume it's from the shots. I'm watching him today and if he throws up again or his poop isn't firming up, I'll take him on to the vet. Seems fine right now though. Played with Abby and is sleeping. I didn't let him play with Abby first thing, but did let them get 15 minutes in later this morning.

Anyway, these photos are from this morning. He's looking so serious also because he hates Abby can go into the cul de sac and he can't yet.

Here he is earlier while playing with Abby:

Here are his thoughts on his x-pen:

If he feels good throughout today, I may give him his first bath (with me) this weekend.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Poor Logan and you. I hope he's all better now. Also maybe he doesn't like the expen because there's nothing to do --ha, ha

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Poor Logan and you. I hope he's all better now. Also maybe he doesn't like the expen because there's nothing to do --ha, ha
I'm sure! I've been taking him out every 30 minutes and he gets water and if he does his business outside, I free him to play with Abby. They are wearing each other out.

He was probably thrilled I was goofy enough to accidentally let him free wander my bedroom last night. 😅 I'm neat, however, and close the doors to the bedroom when we go to sleep, so at least he didn't accidentally get free roam of the house or find anything to get into.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
He looks fabulous! Sounds like you sorted out a temporary reaction to shots. What a good mom!!!
Thank you! He's snoozing at the moment. He and Abby played for a while. I'm going to get him up soon because I need a nap later this afternoon. 😅

He seems to be doing fine today -- eating, drinking, and tinkling. Still waiting for a potty moment, but he had a few last night so he probably doesn't need to yet. Maybe after lunch.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Poor little guy. Noelle puked up her lunch on the car ride home from getting her nails grinded- boy do they grow fast!!
Logan feels about the xpen both of my girls felt/feel about it. Noelle has tried to scale the 36” xpen.

swimming!!! What about getting him a little life vest and attaching a long leash to him to see if he does it?! That’s how we do it here at our indoor dog pool when they first go in! Then you don’t have to go in! How warm is the water?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Poor little guy. Noelle puked up her lunch on the car ride home from getting her nails grinded- boy do they grow fast!!
Logan feels about the xpen both of my girls felt/feel about it. Noelle has tried to scale the 36” xpen.

swimming!!! What about getting him a little life vest and attaching a long leash to him to see if he does it?! That’s how we do it here at our indoor dog pool when they first go in! Then you don’t have to go in! How warm is the water?
It's pretty chilly here. He will get to go in around April or May when we can get in. I want to coax him in and teach him how to find his way out. The first time I let my former Golden, Luke, swim it took him an hour. I coaxed for 30 minutes (I was in the pool) and he came into the shallow landing before the steps -- it's less than a foot deep, and then 30 more minutes to get him to head out into the open water. lol It's good I was in there because he was panicky until I directed him how to get out. After showing him how to get out a few times it became old hat to him.

I'm sorry about Noelle puking post nail grinding. They do grow fast. I've been trimming Logan's, but they are clear and that makes it so much easier. Plus, I ply him with treats the entire time. lol

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Good morning!

Logan is doing well today. He's been playing a lot with Abby. My mornings have changed a little (haha) and instead of heading straight for the coffee pot, about two hours are taken taking the dogs out, letting them play, taking them out, feeding them, taking them out, letting them play, taking them out & finally -- coffee!

Yesterday, we drove Logan to my daughter's house so we could give my granddaughter, Grace, her turning seven birthday present. Logan loved being in a new house and met Bruce Wayne, the pug. Bruce is usually WILD and for some reason was a tad intimidated by Logan and was chill. We liked it.

It also takes me quite a while in the morning to get to brushing my hair and looking like a person. The neighbors are really getting to know my pajama collection.

Logan is doing the "walk" command very well, with one little kink. He's not pulling ahead or pulling, but he's trying to round in front right where my feet land when he gets excited. I have to stop or fall. I wonder if I should do the same thing as when they tug ahead and just change direction? He's a smart boy and I'm impressed with all he has learned so far.

This seems like a repeat photo, but this is the way he sits when he's waiting for Abby to get done in the cul de sac.

He so loves leaves!

His thoughts on not leaving our yard:

My new look until Logan gets a tad older -- bed head:

The pug:

121 - 140 of 174 Posts