Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

101 - 120 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
haha! I am shocked he gets called a girl even in pink. Mine have pink and or purple and I’m constantly asked how old is he? or when they have a bright pink floral bandana on With “Stella/Noelle” 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

Logan is cute! Love the pics with Abby. Noelle can get away with murder with Stella. I feel bad but then I remember how bitey Stella was on US!! So far...she’s developing decent bite inhibition thanks to her sister. We went to a very small puppy play yesterday and little bruiser spent more time sitting under the four other pet parent chairs. Her interest remained with the 2 lb toy yorkie. Didn’t care about anyone else. I actually think she was scared of them!
I love when they teach each other good things. 😃

Thank you! Logan looks all boy to me too. Luke was often called a girl and I could see it because he had a more delicate (not sure how to describe) looking face. Logan's place he is going to when he's playing with Abby is underneath the wicker coffee table. He won't fit under there long. He only goes for a second and then comes flying back out ready for more. I think he's figured out Abby won't come under there. 😂

Another funny thing he does is what I call cat behavior. He'll slow down and slowly sneak up on Abby -- and then pounce! lol

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Oh -- and one more thing -- our brunch group has grown to six total today so Logan will get lots of good socialization today. My son's friends are apparently all real happy and excited to see a puppy. 😁

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
The video is so cute! I have also enjoyed the unforseen advantage that an empty nest puppy brings the adult children home more often. I love seeing how much fun you are having with sweet Logan.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
The video is so cute! I have also enjoyed the unforseen advantage that an empty nest puppy brings the adult children home more often. I love seeing how much fun you are having with sweet Logan.
Thank you! He was such a big hit with my son's friends, of course. He and Abby got lots of attention.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Logan heads to his next checkup at the vet today at noon. Shots. Yuck.

I'm moving him up to his next size crate for tonight, so we'll see how that goes. His was only a 22" crate and big boy is starting to look cramped. I bought a 30" w/a divider, so I will give him all of it but about five inches and see how he does. He'll now have the same size crate as his big sister.

Here's a cute video of Abby and Logan playing. Abby can drag him a little. I told her to enjoy that while it lasts. 😂

Abby & Logan Playing

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Logan weighed 11.8lbs at his first visit to the vet with me and now he's up to 15.6lbs. The vet said he could feel his ribs, so to feed him one cup with each meal. He gets training treats too. He exercises a lot playing with Abby.

He said Logan looks great.

He gave him Trifexis for his first heart worm treatment. Abby is on Sentinel and Bravecto and he said eventually we would work towards those. He offered up (for later) the one year shot, but I'm not doing that. I've been thinking of getting rid of the three month Bravecto and finding a one month pill instead, so one year is out.

He said he had been showing the photo he took of Logan to everyone. lol. I think he's smitten.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Brother was 16# today. Growing growing! Also got first HW preventative today. Nexgard is a good monthly for flea and tick fwiw.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Logan weighed 11.8lbs at his first visit to the vet with me and now he's up to 15.6lbs. The vet said he could feel his ribs, so to feed him one cup with each meal. He gets training treats too. He exercises a lot playing with Abby.

He said Logan looks great.

He gave him Trifexis for his first heart worm treatment. Abby is on Sentinel and Bravecto and he said eventually we would work towards those. He offered up (for later) the one year shot, but I'm not doing that. I've been thinking of getting rid of the three month Bravecto and finding a one month pill instead, so one year is out.

He said he had been showing the photo he took of Logan to everyone. lol. I think he's smitten.
My vet recommends the 3 month oral Bravecto because it's cheaper, but I am scared of dumping that much in them at once. I can't imagine it's a time-release like with some human meds. I stay with the 30 day. It's no problem to keep up with it. I use Nexguard. I also do what CarolinaMom recommends and space out heartworm then two weeks later the flea/tick medicine

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Brother was 16# today. Growing growing! Also got first HW preventative today. Nexgard is a good monthly for flea and tick fwiw.
Thanks. They were on Nexgard before he switched them to Bravecto. I'm going to tell him I want to go back to monthly for both meds. I think they are concerned people will forget to give the medicine, but I remember. I think it's more confusing to have one med be monthly and one three months. I have to write on the Bravecto box when the next one is due. I also put it in my phone calendar.

And good about the weight -- so, not far off from one another. Logan eats well. He likes his food.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
My vet recommends the 3 month oral Bravecto because it's cheaper, but I am scared of dumping that much in them at once. I can't imagine it's a time-release like with some human meds. I stay with the 30 day. It's no problem to keep up with it. I use Nexguard. I also do what CarolinaMom recommends and space out heartworm then two weeks later the flea/tick medicine
I started doing that too. I give one on the 1st of each month and the other on the 15th.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Good morning! A few shots from Logan and Abby this morning. Logan decided he wants to walk his sister. The one in the driveway is when Abby & Daddy were walking back into the house. Logan wanted them to stay outside. He loves his sister so much.

We are going to work on recall today. He sits easy, does down, is walking pretty well on a leash when I'm training him. I need to start working on him doing some of these things without always getting a treat. 🤪

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
So much ‘preciousness’! And sorry, but I think he should get whatever he wants for all that hard work.😊
Oh -- and also -- I just watched this and he agrees with you. He says to keep the treats coming for months for the come command -- so there you are. You are correct. 😃

Come Command

101 - 120 of 180 Posts