Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

81 - 100 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Hi Beautiful Pink Boy!
I love that you post pics of him- I see more of him than any of his sibs!!
Robin

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Hi Beautiful Pink Boy!
I love that you post pics of him- I see more of him than any of his sibs!!
Robin
I'm glad you're enjoying the photos. You can watch him grow up! Logan and Abby are becoming such good friends. They really play hard and then they zonk big time.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
She looks lovely. Hopefully Logan is too little to slobber her up. Rukie comes home from his play dates wet and sticky from all the slobber.
I thought about this comment today. Soooo much slobbering going on. Their ears get soaked. 😅

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,930 Posts
By the way, are puppy nails naturally white and turn darker later or are they the color they are from the get go? Luke's were black. Logan's are white right now and I can clearly see the quick/pink part.
My first Golden, his nails were all black, my girl had all white nails. My current boy has one black nail, the rest are white.

It's tricky trimming black nails, white nails are much easier since you can see the quick.
I used to trim my first boy's nails weekly and only took a little bit off at a time since they were black to prevent hitting the quick.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
We need some pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
My first Golden, his nails were all black, my girl had all white nails. My current boy has one black nail, the rest are white.

It's tricky trimming black nails, white nails are much easier since you can see the quick.
I used to trim my first boy's nails weekly and only took a little bit off at a time since they were black to prevent hitting the quick.
It is tricky. That's my plan. I'm going to do Logan's each Saturday and just a little bit.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Good morning from Logan!

We refreshed sit today and worked on leash walking so far.

Logan is sitting so well immediately for treat time in the morning (He gets his vitamins for treats and that's working for him for now lol) and he also sits well for dinner time. I walk over to his bowl for his food and he knows to sit before I will put the food in the bowl. Good boy.

These are from our first morning outing. He's wearing his new collar and leash. I just got the little puppy Blueberry for now. His little copper tag goes well with the green. Green is my favorite color, so I decided to go with green for Logan. Luke was aqua. Abby is pink.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
So cute. I like the new collar. Thanks for the puppy fix.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
He won't have people asking if he's a girl now that he has green.. and you can use the slip lead with Abby!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
He won't have people asking if he's a girl now that he has green.. and you can use the slip lead with Abby!
He keeps getting visitors. My SIL stopped by to play with him and tomorrow my son asked me if I would go to brunch with him and three of his friends who want to stop by after and meet Logan. 😊

I've never had a slip lead and I really like the ease of it. That's a good idea with Abby and I may get Logan another one too. I think it would be pretty convenient to have them hanging near the door for quick outings or for pit stops when we are traveling.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Mes Amis is a wonderful home- based business. I send her slips home w every puppy because they are so hard to find, and that fabric so nice to the hand, and washes and keeps color for years.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Mes Amis is a wonderful home- based business. I send her slips home w every puppy because they are so hard to find, and that fabric so nice to the hand, and washes and keeps color for years.
Someone on Twitter noticed he had one on and said nice things about them. I need to soak the little pink one. Logan is already getting better about not putting his leash in his mouth. He's not chewing things he shouldn't much at all either. He tried the first week, but has really slacked off. I told Brian I think it's because Abby is playing with him so much.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Okay -- I haven't taken photos today yet, but I want to say Logan barked at me for the first time today and it was sooooo cute.

Every morning after potty time I have always given the dogs a morning treat. Well, Abby knows it's treat time and even if I have no coffee yet fog she will follow me around until I come out of the fog to remember to give her her dang treat. So, into the laundry room we go with me saying let's go get a treat. Luke and Abby always lined up side by side sitting and waiting. Logan is already sitting waiting right beside Abby -- learning from watching.

I gave Abby her treat and then it's Logan's turn. I'm giving Logan his vitamins so far at that time as a treat. Well, I hadn't taken them out of their containers yet and as I was unscrewing lids and taking them out, he let out an excited string of barks. It looked just like how Luke would do when he wanted me to stop teasing him and throw the aqua dumbbell into the pool right now. It was so cute coming out of such a little body.

Anyway, this was a lot of story for some barks but I liked it. 🤪 😅

·
Registered
650 Posts
haha! I am shocked he gets called a girl even in pink. Mine have pink and or purple and I’m constantly asked how old is he? or when they have a bright pink floral bandana on With “Stella/Noelle” 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

Logan is cute! Love the pics with Abby. Noelle can get away with murder with Stella. I feel bad but then I remember how bitey Stella was on US!! So far...she’s developing decent bite inhibition thanks to her sister. We went to a very small puppy play yesterday and little bruiser spent more time sitting under the four other pet parent chairs. Her interest remained with the 2 lb toy yorkie. Didn’t care about anyone else. I actually think she was scared of them!

81 - 100 of 180 Posts