Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

501 - 520 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
He’s a good looking pup. Very handsome! He has a wonderful coat for just a year old.
Thanks so much! I really love his coat also. I know he'll get much more. My last Golden's just kept coming in fuller and fuller.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
This one got Oskie barking. He hates crows (or loves them).
hahaha I was just watching a virtual AKC manners video and the girl was showing how dogs should act when the doorbell rings. The doorbell rang on the video and Logan ran to the door. 🤪

Logan just watches the Halloween birds. He's not so impressed. He became too interested over time in the witch my mother gave me 35 years ago, so I've been teaching him she is not his. Hopefully, he won't eat her. lol

·
Super Moderator
3,833 Posts
You never know! I would put her on a high shelf if he is left alone with her!

Reactions: diane0905

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
Happy Halloween Eve from Logan! He's had his bath now. I still need to trim his ears and feet. Toenails done and ears clean. Abby is in the first photo if you look hard. lol We were heading out on our walk.

One of the witches is camera shy. 🤪

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #513
Logan's first Halloween:

I didn't dress him up. Maybe next year.

He did so well! My grands, daughter and son-in-law came over and they were dressed up in costumes and lively. We had chili, Mexican cornbread, and watched (once the grands left) Young Frankenstein. It was a good night. My brother-in-law came over too and watched the movie with us. Logan is getting really good about settling down. The kids ate at a kiddie table in the middle of the room and he only approached sniffing once. Grace (granddaughter) said, "Logan. Not yours!" and he listened. He just laid on the floor by them and played with a toy until they finished eating.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #514
Now that I'm back in Columbia, I've lined up an obedience type trainer and a lady to help me work on pre-agility stuff with Logan. I'll see what he thinks of that.

Logan is getting better and better on a leash as we walk around at home in the neighborhood. He's learned to walk on up politely to other dogs and even sits before I release him to greet politely.

I was at a four way stop and a neighbor rolled down the window and asked me how I got him to sit and stay like that at stops. haha Sit and stay wasn't so tough to teach. I'm more impressed with him staying right beside me as we walk through the hood.

I'm babysitting this week from Thursday to Sunday. Next week I'm going to really start focusing on getting Logan out and about to get him more and more used to new faces/places. Neighborhood walking gets boring.

I've noticed Logan is getting calmer. He jumps onto my bed -- has a great vertical leap -- and I lay on it beside him and he'll actually calm down and snuggle. I told him at that rate, he'll get to sleep in our bed soon. I'm teaching him to depart the bed via piled up pillows. I guess I'd better pull out the dog stairs again.

Logan will be one at the end of this month! Hard to believe. I'll stop posting in this thread then since he will move beyond one year. I'll start him a thread in the photos section.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
Good morning from Logan and Abby:

Oh! And Abby went to the groomer about five days ago. I don't know what the heck they used on her (it was a mild sweet smell), but Logan was relentless trying to express his admiration for four days. I almost shampooed her again to get the smell off of her. :ROFLMAO:

All is back to normal now. Interesting. lol

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
Logan and I had a showing great progress moment today.

We were walking down the road and the front door was wide open to a house because new neighbors are moving in. All of a sudden bounding out the door came a very vocal large Doodle of some sort. I had time to tell Logan to sit and stay, which he did!! She came all the way up and he stayed put until I released him. Yay! I'm so proud of him because Logan wants to meet and greet so much because he's a wonderful friendly dog. It's exciting when all the hours of training pay off.

The woman was very nice, by the way. She hollered "She's friendly!" as her dog came running over and apologized profusely. She said the dog is two years old. She also told me she knows about seven ladies who like to get together to let their dogs play in a fenced in area and asked me if I'd be interested. She said they are all friendly and play well together. That's a yes. As soon as she gets settled in, she said she'd make sure to get in touch. I hope that pans out.

We are supposed to go to our first agility class tomorrow if the weather pans out. I don't think it's going to. Boo. I'm also having a phone conference with the potential obedience trainer lady. Meanwhile, I've been working away with Logan. His listening skills are improving with each passing day. I don't know how long adolescence lasts -- I suppose it varies as far as behavior goes -- but he's doing very well at the moment.

501 - 520 of 544 Posts