Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

381 - 400 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
He is pure joy! :)
Jules
Thank you! He really is. Tomorrow is brush and trim them day. I'm not used to being away from them for so long and I looked at these photos and am thinking both need some tender loving care -- especially Abby because she has a lot more coat than Logan since he's so young. I will get them in tip top shape tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
2,953 Posts
They do love screened in porches. Glad to hear that you and the pups are thriving!

Reactions: diane0905

·
Registered
633 Posts
They both look great!! Maggie had nails and ears done today. Not a happy camper! She does love her teeth brushing before bed though :)
Jules

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
They both look great!! Maggie had nails and ears done today. Not a happy camper! She does love her teeth brushing before bed though :)
Jules
Oh good! It's nice when they enjoy it. Logan and Abby both love teeth brushing. I give them one training treat when they go into their crates at night -- four calories -- and they act like I'm hosting a party and serving ribeyes. lolol

·
Registered
800 Posts
He’s getting so big! Noelle loves nail time. Stella...three of us could not get her to stay. I am losing my mind with her nail length! Ugh!!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
He’s getting so big! Noelle loves nail time. Stella...three of us could not get her to stay. I am losing my mind with her nail length! Ugh!!
Logan is fine with me trimming his nails. Abby lets me do it, but she lets out an ear piercing noise for each nail. The vet said the same and that it made her jump each time Abby did it. Abby is also VERY vocal when playing with Logan. Thank goodness she doesn't bark non-stop. Both dogs are real good about grooming as far as being still is concerned. I'm thankful for that.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
We are back in Columbia for about five days.

These are a few of Logan in Cashier's, N.C. before we headed home after checking out the remodel and getting settled in.

Logan's grooming table has arrived, so I'll be sure to groom him before we head back. I was so busy in the mountains, but I taught him a couple of new tricks and we walked every day and went to the empty dog park when it wasn't raining. He loves it in the mountains. He's only met one dog at the dog park -- Stella -- and she could run like the wind and he happily chased her. She was also a puppy -- six months old.

This is what Logan does when someone drives into the driveway at the mountain house:

This is Bruce Wayne Pug checking out Logan at the dog park while I was at the playground right beside. Note to self: Don't leave precious puppy alone with two men and a pug.

His new dog bowls for the mountain house:

After he runs around in the park, I walk him:

Logan leaves a couch the same way Luke did. lol

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
Logan's such a handsome boy, great pictures. The picture of him with Bruce Wayne is soooo cute.
Great dog dishes.......
Thank you! I have ceramic dishes here in Columbia, but decided to try stainless in the mountains. I'm pleased with them. I bought them on Etsy.

I'm looking forward to grooming Logan today. He is so handsome!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
Good morning!

Logan says it's way hotter here in Columbia, S.C. than in the mountains of North Carolina. 🤪

A lady around the corner has a sweet puppy who is a bit older than Logan -- probably closer to a year. She is trying to teach him to not be over friendly to other dogs without permission on a leash. She was standing there waiting for us to walk by at the end of the street and I was thinking, "Nothing doing!" 🤣🤣🤣 We went in the other direction. Logan is not there yet. lol He was getting there, but when I went to the mountains for 10 days and then took him to an entirely new environment, and now back home again -- he is adjusting to travel/new places.

I'm going to clean today, train Logan, order groceries for here because the cupboard is bare. (Man, I temporarily forgot how to spell cupboard, but it came to me, and I spelled it bear. 🐻 😅) My husband ordered zero while I was gone for weeks. I asked him what he ate and he said, "I ordered out."

Happy Friday! <3

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #391 (Edited)
One more -- all trimmed, bathed, and almost dry. I couldn't use my grooming table yet because the grooming arm, clamps, and noose aren't here yet. On their way though. :)

Also, I'm learning as I go along with the grooming. If any of you have pointers when you look at him as to things I could be doing better, speak up -- I don't get my feelings hurt very easily. I know it helps if I dry him until he's completely dry, so that I could do better. It was so dang hot today, it didn't take long. I've had the same dryer for all of Luke's life mostly and would probably be better off with a nicer newer one.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Where's your puppy????? He looks good to me.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
He sure looks like Mama!!! Handsome boy.
Thank you. He's so beautiful! I love his personality. He's so very smart, determined, wants to please, is affectionate, and funny. You did an awesome job and I'm so glad we connected. He's a perfect addition to our family. The grands love him so much. He listens to them. It cracks me up because he's bigger than them now. Charlotte (5) told him to "stay" when we were at the mountains and he sat and stayed as she walked to sit on the couch. Grace (7) can get him to sit. I taught her the hand signal. He really enjoys when they come to visit.

He's up to 22 tricks now. He'd know more, but I got sidetracked a little when our remodel was supposedly done. We are getting back to normal now. I hope you're doing well.

·
Super Moderator
2,953 Posts
What a handsome and happy guy! Fun to watch him growing up!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
I took sweet Logan by the vet at 8:30 this morning and had him weighed. He's 54lbs at 7.5 months old. After that, we went on an abbreviated morning walk. It was already 79 and muggy by 9:45 a.m. He enjoyed, however, but has no interest in the heat/mugginess. We are heading back to the mountains of western North Carolina tomorrow morning.

Oh, and the vet checked him over and said his teeth look fantastic. I brush them every night and use a refreshing gel on them following the brushing. He loves it.

·
Super Moderator
2,953 Posts
Yep, none of them seem to be big fans of heat. Oskie wilts above 70... Logan looks great and such shiny teeth!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Yep, none of them seem to be big fans of heat. Oskie wilts above 70... Logan looks great and such shiny teeth!
Luke didn't like it above 75 degrees when we also have high humidity. He could hang at the beach in warmer weather as he loved being out in the water. I think Logan is going to be about the same. He's raring to go in the mountains. :)

381 - 400 of 424 Posts