21 - 40 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Congrats on the new puppy<:

What a beautiful baby! And you can tell he's well adjusted. <B
Thank you! I just love his sweet face!

And I'm not bragging because it has nothing to do with me (ha) -- and I know it could very well change -- but sweet baby slept from 11:00 to 6:30 this morning and only woke then because I got out of bed. It scared me at first! He's happily playing in his xpen right now after eating and hanging around outside for a bit.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
That's great. Rukie slept all night starting night 2 and on. I hope it continues for you.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
This morning's photo blast -- just ignore me if you must. 😅

Little Logan slept through the night and then we went out this morning -- pee and poop -- then back in and had breakfast and water -- then out again -- pee and poop -- then inside to play.

He was so sweet yesterday when I brushed him and so far I've just been finger brushing his teeth with poultry flavored toothpaste. We worked on sit this morning and this afternoon we will do some recall/come and down.

It's real wet in the grass outside this morning, so his coat is a bit damp in these photos.

Oh! And Abby got nose to nose with him today and sniffed with tail wagging, so progress. She's a good girl. Logan also met the neighbor's dog Mocha this morning -- a Shih-Poo -- or however you spell that. Mocha is very sweet, so that was a good socialization. Logan is already the same size as Mocha. lol

Post play:

·
Super Moderator
3,646 Posts
I have Abby and Logan napping now, so I can get some sleep. Instead I’m playing on my phone. 😅

These are my grands. Mom (Brittany) was in there with them. Grace, Charlotte (one Logan was about to nip 😊), and Adler. They were very gentle and loved him.

View attachment 869483 View attachment 869484 View attachment 869485 View attachment 869486 View attachment 869487 View attachment 869488 View attachment 869489 View attachment 869490
Look at all those happy faces! Your grandchildren are going to have so much fun and Logan is a very loved boy from the looks of it:) Such a lucky boy he is!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Look at all those happy faces! Your grandchildren are going to have so much fun and Logan is a very loved boy from the looks of it:) Such a lucky boy he is!
They were so excited to meet Logan! I had told them so many times they had to be soft and not loud around the puppy, they practically tiptoed into the house. 😅 And yes, Logan will be very well loved!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thank you! I just love his sweet face!

And I'm not bragging because it has nothing to do with me (ha) -- and I know it could very well change -- but sweet baby slept from 11:00 to 6:30 this morning and only woke then because I got out of bed. It scared me at first! He's happily playing in his xpen right now after eating and hanging around outside for a bit.
stella, my almost 19 month, put herself to bed the first night. She was so easy. Noelle slept from about midnight until 7 last night but had some whimpering. I’ll take it! Lol

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Logan had his first vet visit today.

They were all smiling like they were smitten once they saw him. The vet tech took him to see the other vet techs and Logan was licking their faces. My vet was grinning and asked me where I got Logan. He then texted a photo of Logan to his wife after asking permission and she said, "I hope that's my Golden Retriever puppy surprise." haha

My vet, Dr. Otis, said the breeder had gone above and beyond to do everything she could to get Logan started out on the right foot. He de-wormed again because he said, in his opinion, that can't be overdone with puppies. No shots today -- those are due February 10th.

Logan weighed 11.8lbs and he said that was perfect. He likes the food I'm feeding Logan and said to feed him according to his weight as per the bag's recommendation. I was already told by Robin what food and amount to feed Logan and he's eating very well.

Dr. Otis said I should not play with or take Luke (ooops! I haven't called him that yet) out of the fenced in portion of my backyard, in his opinion, until Logan is 16 weeks old. I've been letting Logan be in the front yard and we've even walked into the cul de sac island in front of my house. He said there is a high incidence of Parvo in our area and many people simply are not responsible dog owners.

He also said I should wait until 16 weeks for puppy kindergarten, not do 12 weeks, also for the same reason -- safety from Parvo.

Other than that, he gave me his Puppy Plan as far as vaccinations go and asked if and when I plan to neuter Logan. I told him 18 months and he said great -- that works.

Oh -- and he slept through the night again last night!! Sweet Logan!

These are from our visit to the vet this morning:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
He is too cute!!! I can't stand it. Rukie and I need one of those. I kept referring to Rukie as she and her for a couple weeks out of old habit.

21 - 40 of 174 Posts